Radio Board Operator
Entravision CommunicationsLos Angeles, CA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast Operations Category
Browse the Radio Category
Search for Radio Board Operator jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Native Spanish speaker to operate control board and provides other promotional support for market promotions and audio programming on Jose 97.5/107.1 and Viva 107.1. Part-Time Hours will include weekdays, may include weekends with additional vacation coverage.
• Operates control board for studios and remote programming
• Regulates program timing, operates syndicated programming, and plays commercials.
• Monitors the technical quality and accuracy of incoming and outgoing on-air programming from master control room.
• Protects station's license by censoring live programs and deleting words/phrases not permitted on air.
• Executes playlists for server, tape, or simulcast programming.
• Assists with adjusting signal and programming content to ensure transmission meets federally mandated broadcast standards.
• Checks studio equipment for proper functioning and notifies Engineering of technical malfunctions affecting quality of the broadcast.
• Screens in-coming phone calls and selectively chooses callers for On-Air promotional Giveaways
• Handles emergency inserts (e.g. news updates, breaking stories, alert system tests, etc.).
• Additional duties will include scheduling and production of local promotional giveaways
Qualifications - Competencies/Skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Windows, Adobe Audition or similar audio editing software, Wide Orbit or similar automation system
• Time management and attention to detail
• Ability to work without close supervision
• Flexibility in work schedule, including evenings, overnight and weekends
• Functions well in a fast-paced environment with tight timeframes and multiple demands
• Works well in a team environment
• 6 months in a related role and/or technical training
• High school graduate or G.E.D.
• None required
Shift will include WEEKEND hours from time to time
Reports directly to SVP