Assistant - Acquisitions
Entertainment StudiosCentury City, CA
Full Time Job
Freestyle Digital Media is a fast-growing mulit-platform distributor located here in Century City. The company distributes a wide-range of independent films with various release patterns, ranging from straight VOD to limited theatricals and everything in between. Recent titles include THE RECALL (starring Wesley Snipes & R.J. Mitte), MILES (starring Molly Shannon, Missi Pyles & Stephen Root), and the critically acclaimed documentary SERVED LIKE A GIRL. We work closely with our sister company, Entertainment Studios Motion Pictures, a wide release theatrical distributor whose recent summer shark thriller, 47 METERS DOWN (starring Mandy Moore & Claire Holt), grossed over $43MM at the domestic box office.
Freestyle Digital Media's acquisition team is looking to fill an entry-level role supporting this fast-paced department. The primary focus would be assisting the digital team. This position requires someone who is detail oriented, as there will be a substantial amount of administrative work. The role would occasionally assist the theatrical team as needed, so the ideal candidate is quick on their feet and able to switch between and prioritize a wide range of tasks.
• Maintain the acquisitions database, ensure records are up to date
• Research and track film festivals, build market books
• Script and screener coverage
• Update company sales decks
• Coordinate screenings with agencies and sales reps
• File contracts and other administrative tasks
• Attention to detail
• Ability to prioritize, self-starter
• Passion for independent filmmaking
• Strong knowledge of excel
• Strong communication skills, including prompt response follow-up
• Positive attitude and a team player
Additional qualifications include a degree from an accredited 4-year university and at least six months of relevant work experience (or several high-profile entertainment internships).
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online