Mechanical Designer - MEP
Entertainment Project ServicesLas Vegas, NV
Full Time Job
Mechanical Designer-Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing (MEP)
Entertainment Project Services (EPS), an equal opportunity employer, is a nationally recognized entertainment design and project management company. EPS provides mechanical and show integration design and detailing, project management, and fabrication services for theatrical, themed, and architectural installations with a primary focus on custom automation projects for the Entertainment Industry. EPS operates from its headquarters in Las Vegas Nevada and serves clients around the globe.
Job Responsibilities, Duties and Essential Job Functions:
EPS is seeking a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Mechanical Designer-MEP. This position is responsible for developing designs from concept sketches into detailed 2D and 3D models for coordination with vendors and clients. Duties include full understanding and review of client scope and specifications, understanding of mechanical design concepts, facility impact and infrastructure requirements, power and control supply concepts and the ability to design and coordinate all services and disconnects required for a fully functional multi-disciplinary entertainment attraction system. BIM familiarity and experience with entertainment automated systems or large scale automated cable management and services supply concepts a plus.
• Working on preliminary and final designs, concept creation and development including component research and selection
• Mechanical and structural design development
• Creation of drawing packages including assembly drawings, bill of materials and details
• Vendor coordination
• Review of fabrication packages
• Managing and coordination with detailers
• Communication with fabrication vendors
• Preparing calculations
• Creating technical drawings
• Working with and modifying existing designs for integration into new projects
• Providing oversite during the building and installation of fabrication projects
• Assist on project work - modeling and detailing
• Attend all project meetings as assigned
• Research and prepare analysis and reporting as required
• Provide administrative support in the execution of assigned projects
• Manage and distribute coordinated digital documents to the project team
• Coordination of with the BIM Coordinator for model creation and interference coordination
• Support of the Director of Mechanical Design as required
• Other tasks and duties as assigned
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
Possess or working towards Bachelor's degree. Engineering degree or equivalent experience a plus. Certification/Degree from a technical school or training program will be considered. A degree in Technical Theatre, and/or professional experience in the Theatre/Entertainment industry will be considered. Equivalent professional experience will be considered.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• 5+ year's production experience in design, drafting or engineering
• experience with Autodesk REVIT a plus
• Experience with Autodesk Inventor, AutoCAD, or other 3D CAD
• Good oral, written, organizational and interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to use time productively, maximize efficiency, and meet challenging work goals
• Ability to take on additional responsibilities as needed as well as determine and
manage priorities with minimal guidance
• Must have basic PC experience in Windows environments, working knowledge of
word processing, spreadsheets, e-mail, Web-enabled applications, and database
• Must be a self-starter and possess the drive to pursue continued education on BIM
• Possess the ability to work well as part of a team and independently, experience with direct interaction within a project team environment essential
• Experience with custom fabrication and rigging experience a plus.
• Entertainment industry specific experience/knowledge a plus.
• Willingness to travel (minimal, but may be required for site visits and meetings)
Travel: This position may be required to travel infrequently for meetings or for onsite coordination during construction/installation
Commensurate with experience
Job Code: Design Department
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online