Entertainment PartnersNew York, NY
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Casting Category
Browse the Crew Category
Search for Casting Assistant jobs in New York-NY
We are looking for a Casting Assistant. The Day Casting Assistant is an entry level position whose primary job is to support Casting Directors with all aspects of their casting responsibilities as well as collaborating with talent, production, and agencies. The Day Casting Assistant will also become acquainted with the constantly changing and time-pressured daily goals of providing background performers for a spectrum of leading television shows and feature films. The Day Casting Assistant will be trained in all aspects of casting and be prepared to transition into the role of an Associate Casting Director.
• Handle a high volume of calls without difficulty, responding quickly to client and Background Actor needs, take messages, transfer calls and general inquiry.
• Support Casting Directors by pulling photos by accurate description for clients, calling, emailing and/or texting details, call time changes and checking background availability.
• Communicate and notate Background Actor cancellations and make replacements as advised by production or Casting Director.
• Maintain a collaborative working relationship with casting teams ensuring client success.
• Make effective use of all available resources when given a project.
• Gain knowledge of union contracts and adult and child labor laws.
• Accurately process Cast Clearances, Taft Hartley paperwork and Occurrence Reports.
• Work effectively across a variety of communication channels: in-person, phone, email, and live-chat.
• Create and retrieve documents and files when requested.
• Elevate and report attendance and/or behavioral or client service issues.
• Participate in team and staff meetings and produce weekly status reports.
• Attend production meetings and set visits with Casting Director as needed.
• Observe and learn all aspects of casting in preparation of becoming an Associate Casting Director.
• Become proficient and knowledgeable with production paperwork - call sheets, one-liners, extras breakdowns, etc.
• Become skilled with all office systems including but not limited to phones, casting programs, computers, etc.
• Cast projects as assigned under supervision of a Casting Director and/or Management.
• Other projects as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS/SKILL SETS NEEDED
• Customer service experience highly desirable.
• Experience working in a fast-paced work environment preferred.
• Casting experience preferred. Film/television industry experience a plus.
• General knowledge of the entertainment industry.
• Excellent client service / people skills- ability to work with many different personality types.
• Maintains a high level of professionalism when working with clients and teammates.
• Excellent typing skills, reflecting speed and accuracy.
• Quickly grasps new concepts and ideas and the willingness to learn new technologies.
• Ability to work productively on multiple projects simultaneously in a fast paced and noisy office environment.
• Effective solution-based problem-solving skills including decision making, time management and immediate prioritization of tasks as assigned.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with superior attention to detail, and the ability to organize and express ideas clearly.
• Strong working knowledge of MS Word & Excel, Power Point, MS Team and Zoom.
• Proven record of dependability and reliability.
• Self-starter with a positive attitude.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Work successfully in a team environment as well as independently.
• Ability to work overtime as required by business needs.
• Supporter of company goals, values, and procedures.
• Must have reliable transportation.
The hourly rate for this position is $20.16 and is commensurate with experience related to the position.
As full-time EP Employee you will be eligible to receive our amazing benefits package that include healthcare, dental, and vision coverage.
Other benefits and perks included are:
• 401(k) retirement savings plan and company match
• Paid holidays, vacation time, and sick time
• Participation in company equity plans
• Employee Assistance Program, mental health and wellness programs
• Training and development
• Possibility of hybrid/flexible/schedules
• Annual bonus and merit reviews