Vice President, Social Impact - Youth & Entertainment Group
Entertainment &Amp; Youth BrandsNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 8/10/2020 3:54:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Social Media Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Vice President, Social Impact - Youth & Entertainment Group jobs in New York-NY
Search all Vice President, Social Impact - Youth & Entertainment Group postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Vice President, Social Impact - Youth & Entertainment Group?
Full Time Job
ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIAC; VIACA) is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic consumer brands, its portfolio includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, CBS All Access, Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others. The company delivers the largest share of the U.S. television audience and boasts one of the industry's most important and extensive libraries of TV and film titles. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, ViacomCBS provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions for partners on five continents.
Overview and Responsibilities
The Vice President of Social Impact will report directly into the Senior Vice President and will manage a team to create impact!
• Develop bold social impact campaigns and activations for MTV, Comedy Central, VH1, CMT, Paramount Network, Logo, Pop TV, Smithsonian, and TV Land. With an eye towards developing campaigns with non-profits as well as other media, entertainment and brand partners.
• Lead on research and strategy development projects and effectively communicate findings and strategy, develop measurement plans to track the effectiveness of campaigns.
• Partner closely with content creators to advise on social and racial justice issues and storylines, including messaging guidance, action campaigns and cast member support.
• Work closely with internal partners at the brand level, ViacomCBS CSR and Office of Inclusion, as well as external partners such as talent, brands, and nonprofits to bring the campaigns to life. Collaborate with departments including marketing, insights, social, digital, development, and communications to develop integrated campaigns.
• Represent the department and brands with press and other public facing capacities.
• Develop and manage budgets to effectively use resources to maximize impact.
• Lead a small team and collaborate with our colleagues across the broader team and support on work streams where needed.
• 10 years of professional experience, with a preference for those who have worked in the social and racial justice field.
• Experience working in social impact at an entertainment or media company, creative agency, and/or forward-thinking nonprofit is preferred.
• Bachelor's Degree preferred
• Deep passion for social justice and driving social change, with the ability to think like a smart and strategic creative. Experience in rapid response campaigns and crisis communications is a big plus.
• Deep commitment to and experience working on diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives.
• Experience with effectively aligning and mobilizing a broad network of stakeholders.
• Ability to rapidly shift between projects and priorities – keeping a clear focus on what really matters.
• Exemplary written and oral communication skills with strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
• Digital, social media, and editorial savvy and plugged into pop culture, digital youth culture, and prosocial trends. Passion for film and TV.