Vice President, Original Movies & Limited Series
Entertainment &Amp; Youth BrandsHollywood, CA
This was removed by the employer on 10/29/2020 10:55:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Film and TV Production Category
Browse the Film and TV Development Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Vice President, Original Movies & Limited Series jobs in Hollywood-CA
Search all Vice President, Original Movies & Limited Series postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Vice President, Original Movies & Limited Series? ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIAC; VIACA) is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic consumer brands, its portfolio includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, CBS All Access, Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others. The company delivers the largest share of the U.S. television audience and boasts one of the industry's most important and extensive libraries of TV and film titles. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, ViacomCBS provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions for partners on five continents.
Overview and Responsibilities
The Vice President, Original Movies and Limited Series will play a meaningful role in the continued growth and launch of the Original Movies and Limited Series division in the Entertainment & Youth Group (MTV, Comedy Central, Paramount Network, Smithsonian Channel, Pop, CMT, VH1, TVLand, Logo). The unit’s directive is to mine the ViacomCBS library of IP for new original movies and limited series for networks in the portfolio as well as other outlets across the company, including CBS, Channel 5, Network 10 and Paramount Plus. This position will report to the EVP, Head of Original Movies and Limited Series and have responsibility in all aspects of development and production. They will:
• Oversee a slate of movies and original series for our brands/studio from start to finish: idea generation, script development, casting, etc.
• Solicit appropriate programming and evaluate new submissions for our portfolio of brands
• Research, source and develop internal IP that aligns with our brands for new creative spins
• Build, develop and implement long term strategies for the division to endure continued growth
• Manage team as department grows
• Create and maintain a database of writers and directors
• Liaison between the various departments within our division (production, BALA, talent, etc)
• 10 years of scripted/movie development experience at a network, studio, streamer or production company
• Must have established and strong relationships with producers, directors, writers, agents, talent, and the creative community in general
• Must be able to independently supervise the development of a project from treatment through production, working in conjunction with our production group
• Strong writing skills; must be proficient at writing network notes on scripts and cuts
• Strong story development skills, and the ability to build a collaborative environment with producers, writers, and directors
• Must have strong communication skills
• Must be motivated, organized, and a self-starter This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.