Vice President, Adult Animation
Entertainment &Amp; Youth BrandsHollywood, NY
Full Time Job
ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIAC; VIACA) is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic consumer brands, its portfolio includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, CBS All Access, Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others. The company delivers the largest share of the U.S. television audience and boasts one of the industry's most important and extensive libraries of TV and film titles. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, ViacomCBS provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions for partners on five continents.
Overview and Responsibilities
We are currently seeking a Vice President, Adult Animation for the Entertainment & Youth Brands. In this role, you will develop new original series and content, as well as redevelop iconic IP into new series and movie franchises, such as Daria.
• Develop, pitch and produce animation content and series for our air, as well as partners/buyers
• Liaison with animation community (agents, managers, artists, producers, writers, directors) and serve as the point person for animated pitches for our house of brands.
• Oversee animated content in conjunction with show production executives
• Track competitive animation development/programming
• Identify potential creators, showrunners, writers and directors
• Build presentations/pitches on animated properties to develop
• Work closely with talent relations to scout new talent for animation development
• Handle flow of material and information to all support teams
• Evaluate sample scripts and submissions
• Attend animation festivals, industry seminars, film festivals
• 10 years of adult animation or comedy development experience, studio/seller experience a plus
• Passion for our brands, youth, music, comedy and pop culture
• Positive relationships with SVOD players and international distributors ideal
• Excellent writing skills and knowledge of script (character/story) format
• Self-starter who thrives in a complex, fast paced, dynamic, and results oriented environment
• Professional presence; an articulate and well received communications style
• Ability to make decisions and problem-solve
• Hard-working self-starter with an aptitude for the start-up environment