Web Content Specialist
Part Time Job
Web Content Specialist (Sports)
This multimedia journalist is responsible for handling sports content across the Entercom Washington, D.C. market – with an emphasis on 106.7 the Fan.
The Web Content Specialist will strive to set the standard for sports reporting and writing in a competitive, fast-paced landscape, while bringing creativity and innovation to work every day.
In addition to writing, editing and distributing strong sports news across our many platforms, this person will work to achieve a high-level of cross-promotion between Web and radio, and work with the Senior Web Content Specialist on strategies and initiatives to grow our sports presence in the D.C. area and beyond.
• Find, write and distribute compelling sports content in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
• Monitor shows and interviews, and efficiently turn on-air content into online packages, using audio, video and other multimedia.
• Understanding of how to leverage social platforms – including Facebook, Twitter and YouTube – to grow reach and engagement.
• Work closely with producers and on-air talent to better integrate radio and Web and to increase interaction and engagement among listeners and followers.
• Bring innovation and ways to leverage technology to improve and enhance story-telling techniques and methods.
• 2 to 3 years' writing, editing and reporting experience required.
• Thorough knowledge of local sports team in the D.C. area and beyond required.
• Thrives under constant deadline pressure.
• Knowledge of social media and its relationship with consumers and web traffic.
• Attention to detail with content, including grammar, punctuation and layout.
• Strong ability to tell stories in new visual ways, using emerging platforms.
• Be a self-starter and have the ability to work independently.
• Flexible schedule.