EntercomLos Angeles, CA
Part Time Job
The Los Angeles Traffic and Weather Information Network is looking for part time traffic anchors for multiple stations through the market. Must be able to tell the daily story of LA traffic in a helpful and empathetic manner. Must know their way around the region and be able to provide not only traffic information but also alternate routes. The right person should be a story teller and not just a reader of incidents and must know how to work with multiple information sources and police agencies to find the most current information and deliver it quickly.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Voicing traffic reports on Entercom LA radio stations to air on broadcast and digital platforms
• Gathering, writing, recording, editing and delivering traffic reports as outlined by Entercom
• Providing live reads of traffic sponsors within designated reports by the company including logging commercials and discrepancies
• Making station appearances as required
• Other duties as required by management
Minimum 2 year traffic or news reporting for broadcast media. Must be computer literate, have excellent writing and presentation skills. Must be helpful in traffic gathering operation. Knowledge of the broadcast area geography and transportation systems is essential; 4 year degree preferred. Candidate will be required to join SAG-AFTRA union.