EntercomNew York, NY
Part Time Job
This is a hands-on part time position on the front lines of engineering operations to work in our modern and complex facility of six radio stations, a nationwide radio network, 35 broadcast studios and our new performance space, the Radio.com Live Theater, with a focus on servicing our performance space. As part of the Technical Operations Center, you must have a background in radio engineering and operations.
• answering phones
• initiating and dropping remote codec connections
• monitoring operation of all of our transmitter and studio facilities and taking action when required
• taking regular readings of plant operating parameters
• assisting with EAS operations
• escalating trouble issues to the appropriate personnel (including placing service calls with vendors)
• basic studio cleaning and maintenance
• being the first set of eyes on studio and newsroom operating issues for the department
This position may be scheduled for any of three daily shifts in our Technical Operations Center, and overnight or weekend hours may be required
• Must have at least six months radio engineering or operations experience, whether part-time or full-time capacity
• Experienced with ISDN and IP codecs and Basic IT skills are a must.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, and skills in Visio are desirable.
• Able to perform basic network configuration tasks and troubleshoot broadcast IT systems.
• Will be required to learn and support AudioVault, Burli, NeoScreener, and VistaMax platforms, as well as Comrex, WorldNet, and Musicam IP codecs.
Knowledge of basic electronic theory for application engineering and troubleshooting to the system, board, and occasionally component level as applicable, is a plus
Capable of effectively managing your own time and objectives; able to shift priorities as conditions warrant, while balancing the needs of a large, complex facility
Must be able to work well under pressure while remaining calm – day or night – and be able to effectively triage in challenging situations with a customer service focus and positive attitude.
This is an IBEW position that requires excellent interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal. Prior union membership not required. Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds, climb ladders, grasp objects and work in a physically active setting. SBE Certification is a plus. Bachelor's degree or related certifications a plus.
Entercom Communications Corp. (NYSE: ETM) is a leading American media and entertainment company reaching and engaging over 100 million people each week through its premier collection of highly rated, award winning radio stations, digital platforms and live events. As one of the country's two largest radio broadcasters, Entercom offers integrated marketing solutions and delivers the power of local connection on a national scale with coverage of close to 90% of persons 12 in the top 50 markets. Entercom is the #1 creator of live, original, local audio content and the nation's unrivaled leader in news and sports radio. Learn more about Philadelphia-based Entercom at www.entercom.com, Facebook and Twitter (@Entercom).
It is the continuing policy of Entercom Communications Corp. to afford equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, or sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or physical or mental disability, veteran or disabled veteran status, and to conform to applicable laws and regulations. We solicit assistance on these openings and future openings. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.