Part Time Job
Entercom Houston is seeking a qualified individual to join the SportsRadio 610 programming team as a sports reporter.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Producing live or recorded sports updates for all-sports station
• Gathering, writing, recording, editing and delivering sports content inclusive of providing live coverage when breaking news occurs to the station and to fans through social media.
• Interviewing sports figures.
• Writing scripts and ad-libbing material for stories.
• Development and research of potential sports stories.
• Protecting the station's FCC license.
• Other duties as required by management.
Minimum of one year reporting sports for broadcast media or equivalent. Must be computer literate and have excellent writing skills. Position requires proficiency in editing and packaging sports sound and interviews; must have in-depth of knowledge of sports teams, players and statistics. Position requires contemporary sound and excellent on-air delivery. Successful candidate is active and comfortable in social media including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram etc., displays superior writing and editing skills for web and has a working knowledge of broadcast software including Audition. Multi-tasking is a must along with willingness to adjust work schedule to deadline demands.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands and/or fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Majority of work time will be spent sitting and operating a broadcast board and using a computer.