Part Time Job
Reporter - Connecting Vets
This part-time multimedia reporter is responsible for producing content for ConnectingVets.com. This individual will strive to set the standard for reporting and writing to serve an audience of military veterans and their families. In addition to writing, editing and distributing strong stories across our many web and social platforms, this person will work with the Radio.com Managing Editor on strategies and initiatives to grow our presence on the national level.
• Find, write, and distribute compelling military content in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
• Leverage social platforms – including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram – to grow reach and engagement.
• Bring innovation and ways to leverage technology to improve and enhance story-telling techniques and methods.
• One year of marketing/social media/communication experience;
• Bachelor's degree in journalism, or relevant military experience
• Audio packaging and podcast production experience a plus
• Fluency in all social media platforms
• Project management, time management, and organizational skills.
• Familiarity with the culture, needs, and sensibilities of active military and veterans
• Ideal candidate is former military or a civilian who has worked in communications in government or military or has covered the military for a news publication with experience in writing, editing and conducting interviews
• A valid driver's license, satisfactory completion of a motor vehicle record check, and, if the position requires use of applicant's own vehicle, proof of insurance, is required