Promotions Assistant KRXQ & KSFM
Part Time Job
PT PROMOTIONS ASSISTANT – KRXQ (98 Rock) & KSFM (102.5)
Entercom California is seeking a part-time multi-talented individual to join the fun and creative Promotions Department supporting the national Radio.com brand and its 2 local stations: KSFM 102.5 and 98 ROCK. This role requires an ambitious, energetic and proactive self-starter who possesses excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment. Position requires excellent written and verbal communications skills, event planning and execution experience, strong computer and web-based skills, basic knowledge of Photoshop (or other image editing software), and general knowledge of social media planning for organizations. Candidates must hold a valid driver's license and have an excellent driving record.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (to include but will not be limited to):
• Organize all contesting, including collecting prizes, providing copy for on-air/online use, contacting winners, and arranging delivery/pickup.
• Maintain and manage listener records, including an electronic database of prizes and contest winners.
• Write copy for station contests.
• Ensure all promotions have proper paperwork and legal approval, inclusive of adequate contest rules, contractual agreements and sponsorship agreements.
• Work with Sales team to coordinate client contests.
• Keep updated and accurate contest files.
• Post contests and events on station websites and social media.
• Coordinate social media posts for station contests and events.
• Produce emails and email content as needed for event and contest marketing plans.
• Maintain contests, event pages, and contest rules on station websites.
• Utilize support teams to complete projects, managing process from start to finish.
• Help provide clear communication to promotional staff to complete activities and execute events successfully.
• Respond to listener calls, research questions and follow-up with appropriate answers.
• Maintain positive relationships with clients, sponsors, listeners, media and internal teams while projecting a positive image of the stations and the Promotions department at all times.
• Work with Events Manager during station events from start to finish.
• Look for additional opportunities where station may grow in the area of visibility and revenue.
• Be vested in role as a team player and solution provider, pitching in as needed to ensure department success and developing creative ideas for station promotion.
Be flexible and engaged in other duties as assigned by Promotions Director
• High school diploma or equivalent is required.
• College degree preferred in marketing, communications, or similar area of study.
• Minimum of one year in similar role inclusive of managing contests/promotions, logistics and/or special events support.
• Must be available for weekend, evening and early morning events.
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team while delivering accurate and on time results.
• Excellent communicator, with a proven ability to clearly convey ideas and data in written and verbal presentations.
• Exceptional organization skills with the ability to run multiple projects and meet deadlines. Attention to detail is critical.
• Team player with the ability to work in and manage within a cross functional matrix environment.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
• Working knowledge of Photoshop and/or image editing software.
• Creative and journalistic writing skills, a plus.
• Experience in music, radio, or journalistic environment, a plus.
• Working knowledge of email systems, website editing and social media preferred.
• Interest in local/national news, rock, and/or Top 40 Rhythm preferred.
• Must be physically capable of long hours, extended exposure to the outdoors, and able to lift 50 pounds or more.
• Valid driver's license and excellent driving record required.
• Must be 21 years of age.
Administrative Support Workers