Part Time Job
Entercom Austin has an immediate opening for a Part-Time Producer for Talk 1370 and our growing high school sports property FanstandATX. The successful candidate will be highly reliable, self-motivated, trustworthy, and passionate about radio and creating compelling news, talk, and sports programming across all of our platforms. Candidates must be able to work both independently and with a team in a fast-paced, multi-tasking work environment.
This position is mostly on weekends with some weeknights and fill-in/holiday shifts as needed.
- Operate the control room and studio equipment for live, pre-recorded, and remote programming, including sports play-by-play.
- Screen calls for live talk shows.
- Write and post content in the ''voice of the station'' to digital platforms including web and social media.
- Produce podcasts and audio clips and post/distribute accordingly.
- Work directly with clients to fulfill production requests in support of live programming.
- Monitor station during automated periods to ensure proper timing and operation.
- Monitor for breaking news and take appropriate actions according to station policies & procedures.
- Follow and enforce FCC regulations, as well as station and company policies.
- Represent the station in a highly respectable, professional manner at all times.
- Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Flexible schedule. Shifts will primarily be on Saturdays and Sundays, but weeknight or holiday shifts may be needed.
- Proficiency with radio station equipment, audio editing software, and radio automation systems, primarily Adobe Audition and WideOrbit.
- Must be highly organized, able to meet deadlines, able to multi-task, and perform well under pressure with a strong attention to detail.
- Must have a valid driver's license and reliable transportation.
Additional skills & experience that would be helpful:
- Familiarity with video production & digital non-linear editing (Final Cut Pro)
- Familiarity with basic web graphics production (Photoshop/Photoshop Elements)
- Ability to accurately write, rewrite, and edit news copy for broadcast and web
- Familiarity with the concepts of AP Style
- A passion for news, politics, and current events
- A passion for high school sports and spotlighting student athletes