Part Time Job
Entercom Austin has an immediate opening for a Part-Time Producer for Talk 1370. The successful candidate will be highly reliable, self-motivated, trustworthy, and passionate about radio and creating compelling news, talk, and sports programming across all of our platforms. Candidates must be able to work both independently and with a team in a fast-paced, multi-tasking work environment.
This position is between 10 and 20 hours per week, mostly on weekends with some weeknights and fill-in/holiday shifts as needed.
• Operate the control room and studio equipment for live, pre-recorded, and remote programming, including sports play-by-play.
• Screen calls for live talk shows.
• Write and post content in the ''voice of the station'' to digital platforms including web and social media.
• Produce podcasts and audio clips and post/distribute accordingly.
• Monitor station during automated periods to ensure proper timing and operation.
• Monitor for breaking news and take appropriate actions according to station policies & procedures.
• Follow and enforce FCC regulations, as well as station and company policies.
• Represent the station in a highly respectable, professional manner at all times.
• Other duties may be assigned as needed.
Desired Skills & Experience:
• Flexible schedule.
• Proficiency with radio station equipment, audio editing software, and radio automation systems, primarily Adobe Audition and WideOrbit.
• Must be highly organized, able to meet deadlines, able to multi-task, and perform well under pressure with a strong attention to detail.
• A valid driver's license, satisfactory completion of a motor vehicle record check, and, if the position requires use of applicant's own vehicle, proof of insurance, is required.
Additional skills & experience that would be helpful:
• Ability to accurately write,rewrite, and edit news copy for broadcast and web.
• A passion for news, politics, and current events