News Editor / Producer
EntercomSan Francisco, CA
Part Time Job
• Anchoring multi-hour news shift on all news station.
• Producing and recording news segments.
• Gathering, writing, recording, editing and delivering news content inclusive of providing live coverage when breaking news occurs.
• Interviewing news makers.
• Writing scripts and ad-libbing material for stories.
• Development and research of potential news stories.
• Protecting the station's FCC license.
• Making station appearances as required.
• Working with sales and promotions departments to develop sponsored news packages.
• Other duties as required by management.
Minimum of 3 years news editing/writing experience. Must be computer literate and have excellent writing skills. Position requires proficiency in editing and packaging news sound and interviews; must work well under breaking news and deadline pressure. Knowledge of the broadcast area and station demographics is essential; 4 year degree in journalism preferred.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to talk, hear, stand, sit, walk, use hands, reach with hands/ arms and manipulate a computer keyboard and ten-key machine. May occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Job requires a majority of the work day to be spent sitting and typing at computers.
NOTE: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees, but is not a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and subject to change at the discretion of the employer.