EntercomSan Francisco, CA
Part Time Job
• Anchoring multi-hour news shift on all news station.
• Producing and recording news segments.
• Gathering, writing, recording, editing and delivering news content inclusive of providing live coverage when breaking news occurs.
• Interviewing news makers.
• Writing scripts and ad-libbing material for stories.
• Development and research of potential news stories.
• Protecting the station's FCC license.
• Making station appearances as required.
• Working with sales and promotions departments to develop sponsored news packages.
• Other duties as required by management.
Minimum of 3 years anchoring or reporting news for broadcast media. Must be computer literate and have excellent writing skills. Position requires proficiency in editing and packaging news sound and interviews. Position requires contemporary sound and excellent on-air delivery. Knowledge of the broadcast area and station demographics is essential; 4 year degree in journalism preferred.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to talk, hear, stand, sit, walk, use hands, reach with hands/ arms and manipulate a computer keyboard and ten-key machine. May occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Job requires a majority of the work day to be spent sitting and typing at computers.
NOTE: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees, but is not a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and subject to change at the discretion of the employer.