News Anchor - KCBS-AM
EntercomSan Francisco, CA
News Anchor - Freelance (KCBS-AM)
• Anchoring multi-hour news shift on all news station.
• Producing and recording news segments.
• Gathering, writing, recording, editing and delivering news content inclusive of providing live coverage when breaking news occurs.
• Interviewing news makers.
• Writing scripts and ad-libbing material for stories.
• Development and research of potential news stories.
• Protecting the station's FCC license.
• Making station appearances as required.
• Working with sales and promotions departments to develop sponsored news packages.
• Other duties as required by management.
Minimum of 3 years anchoring or reporting news for broadcast media. Must be computer literate and have excellent writing skills. Position requires proficiency in editing and packaging news sound and interviews. Position requires contemporary sound and excellent on-air delivery. Knowledge of the broadcast area and station demographics is essential; 4 year degree in journalism preferred.
It is the continuing policy of Entercom Communications Corp. to afford equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, or sexual orientation, national origin, age or physical or mental disability, veteran or disabled veteran status, and to conform to applicable laws and regulations. We solicit assistance on these openings and future openings. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.