Radio News Ancho
EntercomSan Francisco, CA
News Anchor - Freelance (KCBS-AM)
• Anchoring multi-hour news shift on all news station.
• Producing and recording news segments.
• Gathering, writing, recording, editing and delivering news content inclusive of providing live coverage when breaking news occurs.
• Interviewing news makers.
• Writing scripts and ad-libbing material for stories.
• Development and research of potential news stories.
• Protecting the station's FCC license.
• Making station appearances as required.
• Working with sales and promotions departments to develop sponsored news packages.
• Other duties as required by management.
Minimum of 3 years anchoring or reporting news for broadcast media. Must be computer literate and have excellent writing skills. Position requires proficiency in editing and packaging news sound and interviews. Position requires contemporary sound and excellent on-air delivery. Knowledge of the broadcast area and station demographics is essential; 4 year degree in journalism preferred.
Entercom Communications Corp. (NYSE: ETM) is a leading American media and entertainment company reaching and engaging over 100 million people each week through its premier collection of highly rated, award winning radio stations, digital platforms and live events. As one of the country's two largest radio broadcasters, Entercom offers integrated marketing solutions and delivers the power of local connection on a national scale with coverage of close to 90% of persons 12 in the top 50 markets. Entercom is the #1 creator of live, original, local audio content and the nation's unrivaled leader in news and sports radio.
It is the continuing policy of Entercom Communications Corp. to afford equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, or sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or physical or mental disability, veteran or disabled veteran status, and to conform to applicable laws and regulations. We solicit assistance on these openings and future openings. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.