Knx News - Writer
EntercomLos Angeles, CA
Part Time Job
Knx News - PT Writer
• Manage a near-continuous flow of information by writing and updating scripts and pursuing stories by phone.
• Digital audio editing
• Propose and contribute to daily and long-term coverage plans
• Source and research stories for accuracy and new angles
• Research and line up compelling newsmaker interviews
• Related newsroom duties as necessary
The right person is an aggressive, energetic, enthusiastic, and creative team player and self-starter. Must have the desire and ability to write quick, clear, concise and compelling broadcast news copy under extreme deadline pressure. Must work well with others and have the ability to thrive in a newsroom environment. Prior major-market news writing and producing experience required. Strong multi-tasking skills required. Strong computer skills required. Familiarity with Los Angeles area including politics, geography, lifestyle, etc. preferred. Must be available to work all hours, overnights, and weekends and be amenable to changes in work shift. Required to join the Writers Guild of America.