KNX News - Writer
EntercomLos Angeles, CA
Part Time Job
• Edit and produce newscasts
• Manage a near-continuous flow of information by writing and updating scripts, pursuing stories by phone, and assigning reporters.
• Digital audio editing
• Supervise and manage writers, reporters, and anchors and offer clear direction to all
• Propose and contribute to daily and long-term coverage plans
• Research and line up compelling interviews
• Related newsroom duties as necessary
The right person for the job is an aggressive, energetic, enthusiastic, and creative team player and self-starter. Must have the desire and ability to write quickly, clearly, concisely, creatively, and with an edge. Must be able to write and edit compelling news stories under extreme deadline pressure. Must work well with others and interact well with the public. Prior major-market news writing and producing experience required. Strong multi-tasking skills required. Strong computer skills required. Familiarity with Los Angeles area including politics, geography, lifestyle, etc. preferred. Must be available to work all hours, overnights, and weekends and be amenable to changes in work shift. Required to join the Writers Guild of America.