Part Time Board Operator
Part Time Job
Part-Time Board Operator
Entercom Austin has an immediate opening for a Part-Time Producer for Talk 1370 and our growing high school sports property FanstandATX. The successful candidate will be highly reliable, self-motivated, trustworthy, and passionate about radio and creating compelling news, talk, and sports programming across all of our platforms. Candidates must be able to work both independently and with a team in a fast-paced, multi-tasking work environment.
This position is between 10 and 20 hours per week, mostly on weekends with some weeknights and fill-in/holiday shifts as needed.
- Operate the control room and studio equipment for live, pre-recorded, and remote programming, including sports play-by-play.
- Screen calls for live talk shows.
- Write and post content in the ''voice of the station'' to digital platforms including web and social media, primarily Talk1370.com and FanstandATX.com.
- Produce podcasts and audio clips and post/distribute accordingly.
- Produce station commercials and promos as directed, including voice work as necessary.
- Work directly with clients to fulfill production requests in support of live programming, either directly or facilitating with station production staff depending on needs & complexity.
- Monitor station during automated periods to ensure proper timing and operation.
- Monitor for breaking news and take appropriate actions according to station policies & procedures.
- Follow and enforce FCC regulations, as well as station and company policies.
- Represent the station in a highly respectable, professional manner at all times.
- Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Flexible schedule. Shifts will primarily be on Saturdays and Sundays, but weeknight or holiday shifts may be needed to accommodate sports play-by-play, breaking news, or other special programming.
- Proficiency with radio station equipment, audio editing software, and radio automation systems, primarily Adobe Audition and WideOrbit.
- Must be highly organized, able to meet deadlines, able to multi-task, and perform well under pressure with a strong attention to detail.
- Must have a valid driver's license and reliable transportation.
Additional skills & experience that would be helpful:
- Familiarity with video production & digital non-linear editing (Final Cut Pro)
- Familiarity with basic web graphics production (Photoshop/Photoshop Elements)
- Ability to accurately write, rewrite, and edit news copy for broadcast and web
- Familiarity with the concepts of AP Style
- A passion for news, politics, and current events
- A passion for high school sports and spotlighting student athletes
Entercom Communications Corp. (NYSE: ETM) is a leading American media and entertainment company reaching and engaging over 100 million people each week through its premier collection of highly rated, award winning radio stations, digital platforms and live events. As one of the country's two largest radio broadcasters, Entercom offers integrated marketing solutions and delivers the power of local connection on a national scale with coverage of close to 90% of persons 12 in the top 50 markets. Entercom is the #1 creator of live, original, local audio content and the nation's unrivaled leader in news and sports radio.
Entercom is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Entercom affords equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, religion or religious creed, sex/ gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (over 40), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, or other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law, and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations. Consistent with our commitment to equal employment opportunity, we provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities who need assistance in applying electronically for a position with Entercom, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship.