Board Operator / Producer
Part Time Job
We have an opening for board ops with experience operating radio-broadcasting console and/or producing an on-air show preferred.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• The part-time board operator/producer will be responsible for running and maintaining a precise broadcast at all times. Accurate board work with in-studio and network programming is the main responsibility.
• Candidate must be able to read and accurately interpret station traffic logs.
• Board-op/producers will be responsible for communicating with the program director, executive producer or broadcast engineers when opportunities or challenges are observed during his/her shift.
• Monitor and utilize digital and social media assets for breaking news and show promotion.
• In addition to board-op and producer duties, candidates will have an opportunity to serve other programming roles as necessary.
• Familiarity with computers and digital broadcast equipment is required.
• In studio experience required, journalism background preferred.
• Proficiency with Pro Tools and/or Adobe Audition production systems is preferred.
• Board-op/producers will need basic phone skills to help contact guests and answer listener calls.
• Social media skills are preferred.
• Flexibility of schedule is a must.
• Must have a valid driver's license and, if a personal vehicle is required, insurance.