B101.1 Buzzbee The Mascot
Part Time Job
B101.1 BUZZBEE THE MASCOT (PART-TIME)
Position: Radio Station Mascot - BUZZBEE (Part-Time)
Description: Buzzbee is B101.1's official mascot. Buzzbee is an integral part of the station's brand, and a crucial asset to have on site at promotional events. Buzzbee's personality is playful, lighthearted, and sweet. The performer of Buzzbee is expected to portray those qualities perfectly during the times where they are performing.
Buzzbee plays an integral role as an entertainer at station events and appearances. The mascot will meet and greet station listeners and work closely with the B101.1 Street Team at events to enhance the event experience.
Mascot Performer Responsibilities:
• Interact with people in crowds with little to no direction. This includes high-fives, hugging children (and adults!), posing for pictures, etc. Although Buzzbee will have a handler who will speak for Buzzbee (as he cannot talk), the handler is not responsible for directing every last move of Buzzbee.
• Understand that Buzzbee is not just a mascot suit, but is a mobile marketing asset. Buzzbee is another way to get the name of B101.1 out to listeners in the same vein as a tent, table, or branded tailgate game.
• Insert themselves into the action at events, when allowed. This includes coming onto the stage at concerts, ice skating, rollerblading, playing musical instruments, check presenting, and more.
• Know the limits of performing. In addition to not pushing oneself to the brink of passing out during the summer heat, being in the suit is not a free pass for debauchery or illegal acts. This includes playfully ''stealing'' cell phones or food, trespassing, taunting, among others.
• Exhibit the playful qualities of Buzzbee during the entire performance. This means consistently having an upbeat stride from beginning to end. Additionally, under no circumstances is the public to see the performer changing into the suit. The illusion that Buzzbee is real is integral to the brand.
• Have enthusiasm and high energy at all times
• Administer costume maintenance as well as props on a daily basis
• Competitive hourly wage
• Flexible scheduling (works well with other Part-Time jobs and college class schedules)
• Performance, Marketing, public relations or communications majors preferred. No experience necessary but the desire to work in PR/marketing/communications is preferred. You must be available on weekends and at least some holidays. Must be friendly, outgoing and feel comfortable working with the public. Reliable transportation and punctuality is required. Must possess a sense of professional responsibility and a sense of humor.
Administrative Support Workers