Anchor / Reporter
Part Time Job
Anchor / Reporter - AM / Newsradio 780
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Anchoring multi-hour news shift on all news station.
• Producing and recording news segments.
• Gathering, writing, recording, editing and delivering news content including live coverage from the field as well as the studio.
• Interviewing newsmakers.
• Writing scripts and ad-libbing material for stories.
• Development and research of potential news stories.
• Working with sales and promotions departments to develop sponsored news packages.
• Protecting the station's FCC license.
• Making station appearances as required.
• Ability to fully utilize all the tools of broadcast and social media in the field (Twitter, Facebook, live and recorded video and audio equipment, etc.)
• Experience as a reporter covering a variety of stories is preferred, for radio, social media, podcasts and website.
• Other duties as required by management.
Minimum of 3 years anchoring or reporting news for broadcast media. Must be computer literate and have excellent writing skills. Position requires proficiency in editing and packaging news sound and interviews. Position requires valid state driver's license and insurance. Position requires contemporary sound and excellent on-air delivery. Knowledge of the broadcast area and station demographics is essential; 4 year degree in journalism preferred along with experience covering a variety of stories for radio, social media, podcasts and websites.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands and/or fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Majority of work time will be spent sitting and operating a broadcast board. Work shifts may require early morning, overnight, weekend, and/or holiday hours.