AM Traffic Center Reporter / Editor
Part Time Job
The KYW-AM Traffic Center is looking for a dynamic and talented professional to work as a traffic reporter/editor for Traffic Team.
Editor Duties include: Gather, write and select traffic stories to run in radio traffic reports, over air, on line, and on social media platforms. Supervise all traffic operations assets in the production, writing, and presentation of traffic reports and digital content. Must plan and prepare for upcoming traffic coverage for planned traffic events as well as unplanned traffic events.
Reporter Duties include:
• Voicing Traffic reports on Entercom Radio stations to air on broadcast and digital platforms.
• Gathering, writing, recording, editing and delivering traffic reports as outlined by Entercom Radio
• Providing live reads of traffic sponsors within designated reports by the company including logging commercials and discrepancies
• Making station appearances as required.
• Other duties as required by management.
The ideal candidate must demonstrate the ability to multi-task a variety of inbound traffic resources to assemble data that shall be used within traffic reports and other platforms.
• A minimum of 2 years newsroom experience is required.
• Minimum 2 year traffic or news reporting for broadcast media
• Knowledge of the broadcast area geography and transportation systems is essential .
• Must have proficiency with basic computer programs, managing and monitoring traffic/news systems, have excellent writing and presentation skills and a desire to learn new technologies.
• Must be helpful in traffic gathering operation.
• 4 year degree preferred