Endemol Shine North AmericaNorth Hollywood, CA
Full Time Job
The Manager, Participations has a key role in the accounting, management, analysis, interpretation, reporting and discharge of union, participation, and residual obligations to all third-party participants as well as the accrual of these liabilities for reporting purposes. The position reports to the SVP, Financial Planning & Analysis and will also work closely with business affairs, programming, and production.
• Oversee the compilation of relevant data and materials needed in order to prepare participation statements and cover letters.
• Gather and review contracts, legal agreements and other related written correspondence to support complete reporting of residuals and participations.
• Communication and interaction with participants to ensure participation reporting obligations are met accurately and timely.
• Manage audits as they arise.
• Manage participation statements based on review of underlying contractual reporting obligations. Work with legal counsel to interpret contract provisions as appropriate.
• Ascertain the appropriate credit lists from each production for accurate submission to the payroll services company for residuals calculations.
• Review residual schedules for accuracy and promptly instruct the payroll company of any needed revisions.
• Work with programming to ensure complete reporting to payroll services companies regarding air history for all shows for residuals invoicing.
• Review residuals invoicing for accuracy and provide approval to the payroll services company ensuring timely and accurate payments throughout.
• The ability to develop and manage staff to achieve the goals of the department
• The ability to multitask and interact professionally with all levels of personnel within and outside organization.
• Must have excellent communication skills.
• The ability to review legal agreements.
• Strong experience in Excel
• Knowledge of TV residuals and union agreements is essential.
• Five to seven years of previous participations and residual experience.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required. (Finance, Accounting, or Economics preferred).
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be 18 years or older.