Endemol Shine North AmericaLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
We are seeking a Corporate Accounting Manager to join our accounting team.
This position is a key member of the corporate accounting team with responsibility for supervising and directing accounting staff as well as assisting in the preparation of various monthly/quarterly/annual transactions and reports. Important to this position also, is the ability to get along with others, work as a mentor, help motivate staff, be a team player and help nurture a positive, friendly work environment for all.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the general ledger structure.
• Oversee the daily accounting activities required to maintain the general ledger.
• Supervise, direct, and review the work of accounting staff members.
• Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close
• Collaborate with the other finance department managers to support overall department goals and objectives.
• Respond to inquiries from the Director of Finance, and other finance and firm wide managers regarding financial results, special reporting requests and the like.
• Compile analysis/reports for various internal and external uses, such as month-end review, year-end audit, tax preparers and other upper management needs.
• Produce monthly financial statements and ad hoc financial reports.
• Perform other duties as assigned or required.
• Work independently (self-starter) and a good team player
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Exceptional interpersonal skills
• MS Excel and MS Word proficiency required
• Working knowledge of Navision accounting software is preferred.
• Familiarity with the entertainment industry desired but not required.
• Must adhere to strict confidentiality policy and have a strong sense of integrity.
• Bachelor's degree required (Accounting/Finance).
• Minimum 3-4 years accounting experience, preferably with 1 year in a manager capacity.
• Experience must demonstrate comprehension and application of GAAP.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be 18 years or older.