Endemol Shine North AmericaNorth Hollywood, CA
Full Time Job
We are seeking a detail-oriented Junior Accountant to join our accounting team.
This position is a key member of the accounting team with responsibilities largely centered around the preparation of profit participation statements in accordance with contractual obligations to producers, licensors and talent. This position also assists management with various projects and performs key accounting tasks related to the month-end and year-end close process. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Record both recurring and non-recurring journal entries.
• Maintain and reconcile balance sheet account schedules on a weekly basis.
• Compile analysis/reports for various internal and external uses.
• Analyze and interpret contractual terms.
• Research and prepare participation statements in accordance with contracts.
• Compile internal support work papers to include a detailed audit trail of calculations and corresponding documentation.
• Compile and submit statement packages for review and mailing to third parties.
• Prepare check requests and input payment information into accounting system.
• Other accounting tasks as needed.
• Must be able to work independently (self-starter) and a good team player.
• Must have strong organizational and time management skills.
• MS Excel and MS Word proficiency required.
• Comfortable with reading and interpreting legal contracts is preferred.
• Entertainment industry experience is preferred but not required.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Must adhere to strict confidentiality policy and have a strong sense of integrity.
• 1-2 years of Accounting experience and a desire to learn Participations and Residuals.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required. (Finance, Accounting, or Economics preferred).
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be 18 years or older.