Counsel, Business & Legal Affairs - 51 Minds
Endemol Shine North AmericaNorth Hollywood, CA
This was removed by the employer on 11/17/2020 11:13:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Search for Counsel, Business & Legal Affairs - 51 Minds jobs in North Hollywood-CA
Search all Counsel, Business & Legal Affairs - 51 Minds postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Counsel, Business & Legal Affairs - 51 Minds? Counsel, Business & Legal Affairs (Dev/Prod) - 51 Minds
This position is responsible primarily for the handling day-to-day development and production related business and legal affairs, including deal negotiation and drafting.
Reporting to the President of 51 Minds with a dotted line to the COO, of 51 Minds, the positions responsibilities will include oversight of legal work on in-production television and digital programming in unscripted and the drafting of a wide variety of entertainment-related agreements, including agreements related to the development and production of unscripted/reality and digital media programming and agreements related to the ancillary exploitation of intellectual property (including licensing, merchandising, and product integration).
The positions environment is demanding and fast-paced and candidates will have the opportunity to prove and excel in this position.
• Negotiate and draft agreements in connection with the development and production of unscripted/reality and digital media programming and the ancillary exploitation of intellectual property (including licensing, merchandising and product integration).
• Serve as the lead day-to-day production attorney on unscripted/reality television and digital media programming as assigned throughout pre-production, principal photography, and post production (including reviewing programming for clearance purposes).
• Handle copyright, trademark, employment, litigation, music, general corporate legal (agreements with outside vendors, NDA's etc.) and other legal matters (which will include coordinating with outside counsel).
• Handle other business and legal affairs matters as assigned.
• JD required, preferably from top-tier law school
• Must be an active member of the CA Bar or an active Registered In-House Counsel pursuant to CA Bar rules.
• Minimum five to seven years of experience as a practicing attorney (at a law firm and/or in-house), and minimum three years of entertainment-related business and legal affairs experience as an attorney at a network, studio, or television production company and/or a major law firm, specifically including experience in the fields outlined above. Experience with U.S. non-scripted productions is highly desired.
• Experience working on business and legal affairs matters for digital media productions as well as ancillary exploitation businesses (e.g. licensing, merchandising, product integration, etc.) is preferred.
• Working knowledge of guild and union (e.g. WGA, AFTRA, SAG, DGA, IATSE, etc.) regulations and issues, related legal trends and business practices is a plus.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and references.
• Superior legal drafting and analytical skills, and high level of attention to detail.
• Established relationships within the entertainment industry business affairs and legal communities are a plus; must have an ability to build effective working relationships within and outside the company.
• Ability to prioritize and manage time, with exceptional organizational skills and a facility with handling a constant stream of high-priority projects.
• Ability to independently exercise sound judgment, make sound decisions, and perform under minimal supervision on a daily basis.
• Strong initiative to take on tasks and set own priorities and deadlines and put forth the maximum effort.
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be 18 years or older.
51 Minds Entertainment is the traditionally non-scripted production powerhouse behind shows like Below Deck (Bravo), Below Deck: Mediterranean (Bravo), Truck Night in America (History Channel), The Grand Hustle (BET) and T.I. & Tiny: The Family Hustle (VH1). A division of Endemol Shine North America, 51 Minds recently expanded into scripted TV and film, including BEATS for Netflix. Christian Sarabia serves as President, 51 Minds Entertainment, while Temple Williams serves as Chief Operating Officer. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.