Manager, Production Finance and Corporate Accounts
End CueCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
End Cue, a Culver City-based independent development and production company, seeks a Manager of Production Finance and Corporate Accounts. The successful candidate will be responsible for performing accounting and analysis functions integral to financial statement reporting, management reporting and general accounting for End Cue and its various projects.
• Review, analyze, interpret and track deal terms for financial analysis and to assist negotiations of executives. Prepare reports and escalate areas of concern.
• Tracking financial contractual obligations in agreements and deal memos for Above-the-Line talent
• Organizing critical contractual dates (option renewals, contractual expirations, agreement milestones)
• Ensure payments are processed in a timely manner
• Manage development and legal costs across all projects in our development slate
• Tracking the financial life-cycle of productions from Development through Delivery
• Create waterfalls and calculate projected recuperations of projects where applicable
• Calculate profitability and return on investment in the deal, etc. in accordance with each deal's contract
• Work with Pre-production, Production and Post Production teams to manage and control production processes and ensure proper financial management.
• Facilitate SPV formation and dissolution
• Bank account set up and dissolution
• Onboard production accounting teams to End Cue's policies and procedures
• Ensure implementation of best practices of financial control and cash management
• Submit and track expenses for reimbursement
• Translate and integrate production costs from production accounting systems into End Cue's internal reporting applications and chart of accounts for use by accounting manager and tax advisors
• Interface with production accountants to ensure issuance of all 1099s and K-1s
• Track production tax incentives and credits
• Build a stable pool of accountants from which to draw from for future productions
• Ad hoc reports and projects as needed
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field
• 3+ years accounting experience, in both public and private accounting, preferably within the film/television industry
• Knowledge and understanding of independent film production workflow
• Production accounting experience including production accounting software tools, procedures, and systems
• CPA Preferred
• Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Applications and Quickbooks Online
• Advanced Excel skills (macros and spreadsheet experience)
• Knowledge and experience with union and guild payroll/agreements e.g. SAG/AFTRA/DGA/WGA/IA
• Working knowledge/experience with production accounting software preferred but not required
• Must be able to commute to Culver City daily
• Enthusiasm to thrive in a start-up environment and be part of a close, passionate team
• Strong quantitative, analytical and problem-solving skills
End Cue is a film production company located in Culver City, California founded by Andrew and Walter Kortschak. End Cue works predominantly with rising filmmakers to develop and produce groundbreaking creative projects across multiple categories including feature film, animation, documentary, and television.
End Cue recently produced the documentary Recorder: The Marion Stokes Project which made its debut at the Tribeca Film Festival, as well as The Art of Self-Defense starring Jesse Eisenberg, which Bleecker Street released in July. Upcoming projects include Moonfall with producer Simon Kinberg's Genre Films.
Previous End Cue projects include: Jon Watts' lauded Sundance feature Cop Car (2015); Jonas Carpignano's Mediterranea (2015), which premiered in Cannes; Andrew Renzi's The Benefactor (2015) starring Richard Gere; the SXSW Award winning documentary Print the Legend (2014); and Gore Vidal: The United States of Amnesia (2013). End Cue also recently acquired Greencard Pictures, a commercial production company.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online