Payroll Administrative/Office Assistant
Encompass Music PartnersBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
Seeking a Full-time Payroll Administrative/Office Assistant, (40 hours per week) for a well-established Music Production, Consulting & Contracting company in Los Angeles, CA.
We take pride in producing, coordinating, and managing Hollywood's most ambitious and brilliant music endeavors, while maintaining a strong reputation within our industry and among our clientele.
We specialize in helping to coordinate, package, budget, produce, and record music. We work with leading professionals in the music, film, and television industries on a daily basis to contract live events, motion picture scoring sessions, and various other projects requiring live musicians. We're looking for an amazing and qualified person to join our dedicated and impassioned team.
Staff currently work from home, however, Encompass may revert back to an office structure in the future.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
• Organization, gathering, tracking and certification of all tax documents including I9 certifications.
• Reviewing and cataloging highly sensitive and confidential information on a daily basis, including Data entry and generating and sending out invoices on behalf of the company.
• Maintaining proper client relations that correspond to the culture of the company's brand.
• Supporting team members in endeavors related to the day to day needs of the staff.
• Tracking and helping to book and organize on-camera sideline production-related projects as needed.
• Additional responsibilities for one-off and special projects as needed.
• Attending official work events on an as-needed basis.
Education and Experience:
• Required 2 years of applicable experience within the entertainment industry.
• Work experience at a music payroll or entertainment company, record label, creative agency, management, or production company is highly desired.
• Knowledge of musical instruments, and AFM (Musician union) agreements and terms is highly recommended.
• Four-year college degree is required.
Required Skills and Abilities:
• Must be highly motivated, detail oriented and a team player.
• Must be a self-starter with a strong work ethic, thick skin, and emotional intelligence.
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Organizational skills including database and project tracking.
• Proficiency in Word, Excel, Google Drive, Mac computers and other commonly used applications.
• Must have excellent problem-solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills.
• Must be well-mannered, have a professional demeanor and an excellent attitude.
• Able to work well with co-workers in a boutique, friendly, non-corporate environment.
• Highly team oriented and flexible.
• $21 per hour - Opportunity exists to earn additional income through off-site session work and possible overtime.
• Full-time / Hourly (At Will Employment). Company does have a $401k plan. Company does not provide a Health Care plan.
• No Phone Calls Please… resumes to be submitted via email only.
• A COVER LETTER IS REQUIRED FOR CONSIDERATION.
• The Company is committed to offering equal employment opportunity in all employment practices. The Company does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, creed, disability, handicap, marital status, national origin, race, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, gender, gender identification, or any other classification protected by law. Employment decisions are based on an individual's qualifications, abilities, and job performance.
• Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online