Payroll Administrative/Office Assistant
Encompass Music PartnersLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Seeking a Full-time Payroll Administrative/Office Assistant, (40 hours per week) for a fast-paced Music Production, Contracting, and Coordination company based in Los Angeles that handles high end projects for major film and television studios among other high-profile clients.
We take pride in producing and coordinating Hollywood's most ambitious and brilliant music endeavors, while maintaining a strong reputation within our industry and among our stellar clientele. We work with leading professionals in the music, film, and television industries on a daily basis to contract live events, motion picture scoring sessions, and various other projects requiring live musicians. We are looking for a highly motivated, detail-oriented individual who is looking to plant their roots and support and grow alongside our existing team members.
All interviews and work will be remote during the Covid-19 stay-at-home order, transitioning into an office-based position.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
• Organization, gathering, tracking and certification of all tax documents including I9 certifications.
• Reviewing and cataloging highly sensitive and confidential information on a daily basis, including Data entry and generating and sending out invoices on behalf of the company.
• Maintaining proper client relations that correspond to the culture of the company's brand.
• Supporting team members in endeavors related to the day to day needs of the staff.
• Tracking and helping to book and organize on-camera sideline production-related projects as needed.
• Additional responsibilities for one-off and special projects as needed.
• Attending official work events on an as-needed basis. [Not applicable during Covid-19 stay-at-home order]
Education and Experience:
• Required 2 years of applicable experience within the entertainment industry.
• Work experience at a music payroll or entertainment company, record label, creative agency, management, or production company is highly desired.
• Knowledge of musical instruments, and AFM (Musician union) agreements and terms is highly recommended.
• Four-year college degree is required.
Required Skills and Abilities:
• Must be highly motivated, detail oriented and a team player.
• Must be a self-starter with a strong work ethic, thick skin, and emotional intelligence.
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Organizational skills including database and project tracking.
• Proficiency in Word, Excel, Google Drive, Mac computers and other commonly used applications.
• Must have excellent problem-solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills.
• Must be well-mannered, have a professional demeanor and an excellent attitude.
• Able to work well with co-workers in a boutique, friendly, non-corporate environment.
• Highly team oriented and flexible.
• $18 per hour
• Full-time / Hourly
• No Phone Calls Please… resumes to be submitted via email only.
• **A COVER LETTER IS REQUIRED FOR CONSIDERATION**
• The Company is committed to offering equal employment opportunity in all employment practices. The Company does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, creed, disability, handicap, marital status, national origin, race, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, gender, gender identification, or any other classification protected by law. Employment decisions are based on an individual's qualifications, abilities, and job performance.
• Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online