Encompass Music PartnersLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 12/23/2020 7:39:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Music Coordinator jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Music Coordinator postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Music Coordinator? Seeking a Full-time Music Coordinator for a well-established Music Production, Consulting & Contracting company in Los Angeles, CA.
We take pride in producing, coordinating, and managing Hollywood's most ambitious and brilliant music endeavors, while maintaining a strong reputation within our industry and among our clientele.
We specialize in helping to coordinate, package, budget, produce, and record music. We work with leading professionals in the music, film, and television industries on a daily basis to contract live events, motion picture scoring sessions, and various other projects requiring live musicians. We're looking for an amazing and qualified person to join our dedicated and impassioned team.
All interviews and work (if chosen for position) will be completed remotely during the Covid-19 stay-at-home order.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
• Prepping and managing budgets.
• Communication with clients regarding specific recording plans and needs as directed.
• Liaising with the American Federation of Musicians to interpret union agreements and participate in negotiations on behalf of our clients.
• Pre-session planning and preparation (distribution of session details and final musicians lists to appropriate parties, sending out session number requests and session cancellation deadline reminders to clients).
• Post session follow-up to ensure all aspects of the project are finalized.
• Reviewing various official documents of a highly confidential nature.
• Retrieving billing information for projects from production companies.
Education and Experience:
• Four-year degree is required.
• Minimum Three Years of experience in a complex entertainment office environment.
• Experience in the music industry or in a music office is highly desired.
• Any combination of education and experience that will qualify for a high-level coordinator position in a high-profile, high-performing, fast-paced professional environment.
Required Skills and Abilities:
• MUST be a self-starter with a strong work ethic, thick skin, and emotional intelligence
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
• MUST possess strong attention to detail; ability to adhere to deadlines while juggling and executing multiple tasks in a timely manner
• Strong knowledge of mathematical concepts
• Excellent organization skills and ability to anticipate needs
• Ability to learn quickly and retain vital information
• Willingness to learn and put the time in after hours if needed
• Must have excellent problem-solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills
• Must be well-mannered, have a professional demeanor and an excellent attitude
• Able to work well with co-workers in a boutique, friendly, non-corporate environment
• Highly team oriented and flexible. We often need to reprioritize our tasks based on client needs, and require someone who can turn on a dime
• Attentive communicator with a friendly and professional demeanor
• Knowledge of tax documents (I9, W4, W9, etc.)
• Strong knowledge of music business and musical instruments including orchestral, jazz, pop-rock, etc. in the recording industry is preferred
• $47,000 - $52,000 DOE
• Full-time / Salary
• No Phone Calls Please… resumes to be submitted via email only.
• A COVER LETTER IS REQUIRED FOR CONSIDERATION.
The Company is committed to offering equal employment opportunity in all employment practices. The Company does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, creed, disability, handicap, marital status, national origin, race, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, gender, gender identification, or any other classification protected by law. Employment decisions are based on an individual's qualifications, abilities, and job performance.
• Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.