Encompass Music PartnersLos Angeles, CA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Music Assistant jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Seeking a Full-time Music Assistant for a well-established Music Production & Contracting company in Calabasas, CA and we love music…a lot. We eat, drink, and sleep music. Equally so, we love stories. We're fiercely passionate about our favorite films, shows, and streaming content. Not to toot our own horns (music pun intended), but we are the best at, and take pride in, producing, coordinating, and managing Hollywood's most ambitious and brilliant music endeavors. We do all of this while maintaining a superlative reputation as care givers at the cross section of audio and cinephiles alike. We are looking for an amazing and qualified person to join our endlessly dedicated and infinitely impassioned team!
Report to and Assist with the President's busy schedule and help to coordinate meetings, calls, workflow, etc on his behalf.
• Respond to the needs of staff - including assisting with ongoing projects, calling musicians, studios, etc as it comes to recording sessions, preparation for meetings, calls, travel, etc.
• Read and route correspondence; draft responses and other documents as requested by president and staff; assist with email management
• Take concise notes during meetings and phone calls, respectively.
• Additional responsibilities for one-off and special projects as needed.
• Assists with the upkeep of the office (i.e. ordering office supplies when needed, coordinating and purchasing client gifts, paying bills when required, distributing mail, and coordinating post office runs, etc.)
• Reviewing and cataloging highly sensitive and confidential information on a daily basis.
• Daily data entry
• Maintaining proper client relations that correspond to the culture of the brand Encompass Music Partners.
• On occasion, you will request, review, and verify various official documents of a highly confidential nature.
• Attend official work events on an as-needed basis to assist the needs of the President of the company. Occasional regional travel is an essential part of this job. Extended travel or overnight travel may be required infrequently.
Education and Experience:
• Four-year college degree.
• Two Years of experience in complex office administration. Experience at an entertainment or music agency, management, or production company is highly desired.
• Any combination of education and experience that will qualify for a high-level Executive Assistant position in a high-profile, high-performing, professional environment.
Required Skills and Abilities include:
• Highly team-oriented and flexible. We oftentimes need to reprioritize our tasks based on the business's needs and require someone who is willing to help the team and shift priorities on a dime.
• Strong attention to detail; ability to adhere to deadlines and execute on tasks and handle multiple, diverse assignments
• Must be a self-starter with a strong work ethic, thick skin, and emotional intelligence.
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent organization skills and ability to anticipate needs.
• Ability to learn quickly and retain vital information is essential.
• Proficiency in Word, Excel, File Maker Pro, Mac and PC computers and other commonly used applications
• Social media savvy a plus
• Willingness to learn and put the time in after hours and on weekends as needed
• Must have excellent problem-solving, critical thinking, analytical and mathematics skills
• Must be well-mannered, have a professional demeanor and an excellent attitude.
• Able to work well with co-workers in a boutique, friendly, non-corporate environment.
• Dynamic and assertive personality with a friendly and professional demeanor strongly preferred
• Knowledge of music business and musical instruments including orchestral, jazz, pop-rock, etc. in the recording industry is required.
Please Note: Currently, due to COVID-19 precautions, this position requires remote work; however, in the future, this position will require reporting to the Encompass Music Partners office in the Los Angeles area.
Salary Pay Rate: $18-$20/hr (Based on experience) - Opportunity exists to earn additional income through off-site session work and possible overtime. Job Type: Full-time / Hourly (At Will Employment). Company does have a $401k plan. Company does not provide a Health Care plan.