Encompass Music PartnersLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Seeking a Full-time Executive Assistant for a well-established Music Production, Consulting & Contracting company in Los Angeles, CA.
We take pride in producing, coordinating, and managing Hollywood's most ambitious and brilliant music endeavors, while maintaining a strong reputation within our industry and among our clientele.
We specialize in helping to coordinate, package, budget, produce, and record music. We work with leading professionals in the music, film, and television industries on a daily basis to contract live events, motion picture scoring sessions, and various other projects requiring live musicians. We're looking for an amazing and qualified person to join our dedicated and impassioned team.
All interviews and work (if chosen for position) will be completed remotely during the Covid-19 stay-at-home order.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
• Responding to the needs of the President - preparing for meetings, sessions, calls, travel, etc.
• Reading and route correspondence; drafting responses and other documents as requested by President; assisting with email management.
• Coordinating schedules and managing calendars for the President.
• Taking concise notes during meetings and phone calls, respectively.
• Additional responsibilities for one-off and special projects as needed.
• Assisting with the upkeep of the office (i.e. ordering office supplies when needed, coordinating client gifts, distributing mail, and coordinating post office runs, etc.) [Not applicable during Covid-19 stay-at-home order]
• Reviewing and cataloging highly sensitive and confidential information on a daily basis.
• Daily data entry.
• Maintaining proper client relations that correspond to the culture of the company's brand.
• On occasion, you will request, review, and verify various official documents of a highly confidential nature.
• Attending official work events on an as needed basis to assist the needs of the President of the company. [Not applicable during Covid-19 stay-at-home order]
• Occasional regional travel is an essential part of this job. Extended travel or overnight travel may be required infrequently. [Not applicable during Covid-19 stay-at-home order]
Education and Experience:
• Four-year degree is required.
• Two Years of experience in complex office administration.
• Experience at an entertainment agency, management, or production company is highly desired.
• Any combination of education and experience that will qualify for a high-level Executive Assistant position in a high-profile, high-performing, fast-paced professional environment.
Required Skills and Abilities:
• MUST be a self-starter with a strong work ethic, thick skin, and emotional intelligence
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
• MUST possess strong attention to detail; ability to adhere to deadlines while juggling and executing multiple tasks in a timely manner
• Strong knowledge of mathematical concepts
• Excellent organization skills and ability to anticipate needs
• Ability to learn quickly and retain vital information
• Willingness to learn and put the time in after hours if needed
• Proficiency in Word, Excel, File Maker Pro, Mac and PC computers and other commonly used applications
• Social media savvy a plus
• Willingness to learn, put time in after hours and on weekends as needed
• Must have excellent problem-solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills
• Must be well-mannered, have a professional demeanor and an excellent attitude
• Able to work well with co-workers in a boutique, friendly, non-corporate environment
• Highly team oriented and flexible. We often need to reprioritize our tasks based on client needs, and require someone who can turn on a dime
• Dynamic and assertive personality with a friendly and professional demeanor strongly preferred
• Knowledge of tax documents (I9, W4, W9, etc.)
• Strong knowledge of music business and musical instruments including orchestral, jazz, pop-rock, etc. in the recording industry is preferred.
• $18-$20/hour DOE - Opportunity exists to earn additional income through possible overtime, as well as off-site session work [off-site session work not applicable during Covid-19 stay-at-home order]
• Full-time / Hourly
• No Phone Calls Please… resumes to be submitted via email only.
• A COVER LETTER IS REQUIRED FOR CONSIDERATION.
The Company is committed to offering equal employment opportunity in all employment practices. The Company does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, creed, disability, handicap, marital status, national origin, race, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, gender, gender identification, or any other classification protected by law. Employment decisions are based on an individual's qualifications, abilities, and job performance.
• Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online