Encompass Music PartnersLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 2/16/2021 3:06:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Creative Assistant jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Creative Assistant postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Creative Assistant? Seeking a Full-time Creative Assistant for a well-established Music Production, Consulting & Contracting company in Los Angeles, CA.
We take pride in producing, coordinating, and managing Hollywood's most ambitious and brilliant music endeavors, while maintaining a strong reputation within our industry and among our clientele.
We specialize in helping to coordinate, package, budget, produce, and record music. We work with leading professionals in the music, film, and television industries on a daily basis to contract and produce live events, motion picture scoring sessions, and various other projects requiring live musicians and vocalists. We're looking for an amazing and qualified person to join our dedicated and impassioned team.
All interviews and work (if chosen for the position) will be remote during the Covid-19 stay-at-home order.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
• Responding to the needs of the Creative Department and various executives - preparing for meetings, sessions, calls, travel, etc.
• Reading and routing correspondence; drafting responses and other documents as requested by the Creative Department and various executives.
• Assisting with tasks in support of the Creative Department - tracking projects, budgeting, coordinating the booking of musicians and studios, administering paperwork, liaising with clients, and more.
• Coordinating schedules and managing calendars for the Creative Department and various executives.
• Taking concise notes during meetings and phone calls.
• Assisting with the upkeep of the office (i.e. ordering office supplies when needed, coordinating client gifts, distributing mail, and coordinating post office runs, etc.) [Not applicable during Covid-19 stay-at-home order]
• Reviewing and cataloging highly sensitive and confidential information on a daily basis.
• Daily data entry.
• Maintaining proper client relations that correspond to the culture of the company's brand.
• Additional responsibilities for one-off and special projects as needed.
• Attending official work events on an as-needed basis to assist the needs of the Creative Department and various executives. [Not applicable during Covid-19 stay-at-home order]
• Occasional regional travel is an essential part of this job. Extended travel or overnight travel may be required infrequently. [Not applicable during Covid-19 stay-at-home order]
Education and Experience:
• Four-year degree is required.
• Two years of work or internship experience in complex office administration.
• Work or internship experience at an entertainment agency, record label, creative agency, management, or production company is highly desired.
• Any combination of education and experience that will qualify for a high-level assistant position in a high-profile, high-performing, fast-paced professional environment.
Required Skills and Abilities:
• MUST be a self-starter with a strong work ethic, thick skin, and emotional intelligence
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
• MUST possess strong attention to detail; ability to adhere to deadlines while juggling and executing multiple tasks in a timely manner
• Strong knowledge of mathematical concepts
• Excellent organization skills and ability to anticipate needs
• Ability to learn quickly and retain vital information
• Willingness to learn and put the time in after hours if needed
• Proficiency in Word, Excel, File Maker Pro, Mac and PC computers and other commonly used applications
• Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.) a plus
• Social media savvy a plus
• Willingness to learn, put time in after hours and on weekends as needed
• Must have excellent problem-solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills
• Must be well-mannered, have a professional demeanor and an excellent attitude
• Able to work well with co-workers in a boutique, friendly, non-corporate environment
• Highly team oriented and flexible. We often need to reprioritize our tasks based on client needs, and require someone who can turn on a dime
• Dynamic and assertive personality with a friendly and professional demeanor strongly preferred
• Strong knowledge of music business and musical instruments including orchestral, jazz, pop-rock, etc. in the recording industry is preferred
• Strong knowledge of film, television, art, and design a plus
• $18/hour - Opportunity exists to earn additional income through possible overtime, as well as off-site session work [off-site session work not applicable during Covid-19 stay-at-home order]
• Full-time / Hourly
• No Phone Calls Please… resumes to be submitted via email only.
• ** A COVER LETTER IS REQUIRED FOR CONSIDERATION **
• The Company is committed to offering equal employment opportunity in all employment practices. The Company does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, creed, disability, handicap, marital status, national origin, race, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, gender, gender identification, or any other classification protected by law. Employment decisions are based on an individual's qualifications, abilities, and job performance.
• Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.