Contract Payroll Administrator
Encompass Music PartnersLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 1/29/2021 9:28:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Search for Contract Payroll Administrator jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Contract Payroll Administrator postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Contract Payroll Administrator? Seeking a Full-time Contract Payroll Administrator for a well-established Music Production, Consulting & Contracting company in Los Angeles, CA.
We're looking for a vital addition to our team who is analytical, detail-oriented, and enjoys math - ideally with experience in payroll accounting, bookkeeping, and/or finance.
Please note that this is an administrative position within the company.
About the company:
We take pride in producing, coordinating, and managing Hollywood's most ambitious and brilliant music endeavors, while maintaining a strong reputation within our industry and among our clientele.
We specialize in helping to coordinate, package, budget, produce, and record music. We work with leading professionals in the music, film, and television industries on a daily basis to contract live events, motion picture scoring sessions, and various other projects requiring live musicians.
All interviews and work (if chosen for position) will be completed remotely during the Covid-19 stay-at-home order.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
• Filing and tracking AFM session reports (contracts)
• Filing and tracking soundtrack contracts
• Gathering, organizing and tracking of tax documents
• Requesting, reviewing, and verifying various official documents of a highly confidential nature
• Handling all musician payment discrepancies
• Generating and sending invoices on behalf of company
• Printing, filing, and navigating vendor invoices
• Following up on unattended session pay details
• Working in tandem with team to retrieve billing information for projects
• Keeping track of, updating, and entering all union rates into company database
• Summarizing session costs per client request
• Sending out periodic income summaries per client request
• Liaising with high level clients, union representatives, and payroll company representatives
• Reviewing and cataloging highly sensitive and confidential information on a daily basis
• Daily data entry
• Maintaining proper client relations that correspond to the culture of the company's brand
• Being available and flexible to provide support and perform tasks as needed and directed by the team (including but not limited to studio bookings, scheduling, confirming musician availabilities, organizing tax documents, running occasional errands, etc.) [Any on-site work is not applicable during the Covid-19 stay-at-home order]
• Additional responsibilities for one-off and special projects as needed
Education and Experience:
• Four-year degree is required.
• Minimum two years of experience in complex office administration. Experience in the music industry or music office is desired, but not required.
• Any combination of education and experience that will qualify for a high-level administrative position in a high-profile, high-performing, professional environment.
Required Skills and Abilities:
• MUST possess strong attention to detail; ability to adhere to deadlines while juggling and executing multiple tasks in a timely manner
• Strong knowledge of mathematical concepts
• MUST be a self-starter with a strong work ethic, thick skin, and emotional intelligence
• Knowledge of tax documents (I9, W4, W9, etc.) a must.
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Must have excellent problem-solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills
• Excellent organization skills and ability to anticipate needs
• Ability to learn quickly and retain vital information is essential
• Willingness to learn and put the time in after hours if needed
• Must be well-mannered, have a professional demeanor and an excellent attitude
• Able to work well with co-workers in a boutique, friendly, non-corporate environment
• Highly team oriented and flexible. We often times need to reprioritize our tasks based on client needs and require someone who can turn on a dime
• Attentive communicator with a friendly and professional demeanor strongly preferred
• Knowledge of music business and musical instruments including orchestral, jazz, pop-rock, etc. in the recording industry is preferred but not required
• Proficiency in Word, Excel, Google Docs, File Maker Pro, Mac and PC computers and other commonly used applications
• $45,000-$47,000 per year DOE
• Full-time / Salary
• No Phone Calls Please… resumes to be submitted via email only
• ** A COVER LETTER IS REQUIRED FOR CONSIDERATION **
• The Company is committed to offering equal employment opportunity in all employment practices. The Company does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, creed, disability, handicap, marital status, national origin, race, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, gender, gender identification, or any other classification protected by law. Employment decisions are based on an individual's qualifications, abilities, and job performance.
• Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.