Encompass Music PartnersCalabasas, CA
Full Time Job
Seeking a Full-time Contract Administrator for Encompass Music Partners, a well-established Music Production & Contracting company in Calabasas, CA.
We take pride in, producing, coordinating, and managing Hollywood's most ambitious and brilliant music endeavors. We do all of this while maintaining a superlative reputation as caregivers at the intersection of audio and cinephiles alike. We are looking for a talented and motivated person to join our dedicated and impassioned team.
Responsibilities (included but are not limited to):
• Filing and tracking recording session, live performance, and soundtrack contracts
• Gathering, organization, and tracking of tax documents
• Creating and maintaining contract files
• Requesting, reviewing, and verifying various official documents of a highly confidential nature
• Handling all musician payment discrepancies
• Assist with generating, sending, printing, filing, and navigating vendor invoices
• Following up on session pay details
• Work in tandem with the team to retrieve billing information for projects
• Tracking, updating, and entering all union rates into company database
• Assisting with the summarization of session costs per client request
• Interacting with high-level clients, union representatives, and payroll company representatives
• Reviewing and cataloging highly sensitive and confidential information on a daily basis
• Reviewing and analyzing AFM union agreements
Education and Experience:
• A four-year degree is required. Experience that is closely related to the above tasks may be substituted on a year-for-year basis
• In addition - minimum of Two Years of experience in complex contract administration. Experience in the music industry or music office is highly desired, but not required
• Any combination of education and experience that will qualify for a high-level administrative position in a high-profile, fast-paced, high volume professional environment
Required Skills and Abilities:
• MUST be a self-starter with a strong work ethic, resilience, and emotional intelligence
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills; Attentive communicator with a friendly and professional demeanor strongly preferred
• MUST possess strong attention to detail; ability to adhere to deadlines, and ability to manage competing priorities while handling multiple tasks
• Strong knowledge of mathematical concept
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to anticipate needs
• Ability to learn quickly and retain vital information
• Knowledge of tax documents (I9, W4, W9, etc.)
• Must have excellent problem-solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills
• Must be well-mannered, have a professional demeanor and an excellent attitude.
• Able to work well with co-workers in a boutique, friendly, non-corporate environment.
• Highly team-oriented and flexible. We oftentimes need to reprioritize our tasks based on client needs and require someone who can turn on a dime
• Knowledge of music business and musical instruments including orchestral, jazz, pop-rock, etc. in the recording industry is preferred but not required.
• In-depth knowledge in File Maker Pro, Word, Excel, Mac and PC computers, project tracking systems and other commonly used applications
• Willingness to learn and put the time in after-hours if needed
Salary Pay Rate: $48,000 per year Job Type: Full-time / Salary / Exempt / At-Will Employment Benefits: Sick Leave, Vacation/Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays
The Company is committed to offering equal employment opportunity in all employment practices. The Company does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, creed, disability, handicap, marital status, national origin, race, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, gender, gender identification, or any other classification protected by law. Employment decisions are based on an individual's qualifications, abilities, and job performance.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online