Social Media Manager
Empire DistributionSan Francisco, CA
Full Time Job
About the Company
EMPIRE was founded in 2010 as an artist-friendly, progressive digital distribution company. After early success, and identifying future icons such as Kendrick Lamar, Migos, and Anderson .Paak, EMPIRE was quickly regarded as a tastemaker in the industry and throughout the past five years evolved into a full-fledged record label, distributor, and publisher for independent musicians. With the company and roster growing at a breakneck pace, EMPIRE has effectively disrupted a stale business model by bringing its energy, expertise, and acumen to its artists and labels. Given its reputation, EMPIRE works with today's hottest talent from superstars to red-hot newcomers.
About the Position
The Social Media Manager supports all of EMPIRE's owned social channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat & YouTube) in content creation, execution and everyday platform management and community engagement. This position is responsible in overseeing the production of social content - new artist releases, writing copy, publishing daily content, responding to our audiences in real time and collaborating with cross-functional partners to support business goals and drive social initiatives.
- Create and publish engaging organic social posts across all relevant channels and platforms
- Engage in online listening and outreach: day-to-day buzz monitoring and engagement with artist social communities
- Support Social Media Director in their day to day operations
- Assist Digital Marketing Director in social advertising on EMPIRE and Artist channels
- Pull analytics and organize results and metrics on a weekly cadence for Instagram and Twitter
- Assist Director of Sales by collaborating with DSP's and EMPIRE artists
- Stay on top of key industry trends, emerging social channels and best practices
- Ensure the utmost professionalism on the channels and keep all passwords and account information private
- Familiarity with current music trends in hip-hop, R&B and Pop music
- Must have extensive knowledge of social media and community management including hands-on management of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube
- Ability to cultivate creative and innovative social media engagement from our audience
- Demonstrated ability to quickly adapt to emerging trends
- People management skills; relationship/client management skills
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment with short deadlines
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Flexible, committed, and willing to work nights and weekends as needed
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop a plus
- Must be able to commute to Downtown San Francisco
Salary based on experience.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online