Observation Drawing Instructor
Emile Cohl AtelierLos Angeles, CA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the Education - Instructor, Professor... Category
Search for Observation Drawing Instructor jobs in Los Angeles-CA
The Emile Cohl Atelier's Prep School aims to provide high school-aged students from low-arts, low-socioeconomic areas a chance to supplement their existing public education framework with an after-school program focused solely on arts, in an attempt to further close the gap that often appears between low-SES students and their more advantaged peers. Students are granted the ability to curate their college admission portfolios with the professional help of our instructors, giving them an added benefit when meeting the rigorous application requirements necessary to apply.
We are searching for an outstanding new hire on our esteemed Faculty to teach Observation Drawing using traditional techniques. The instructor will work closely with, and directly reports to, the Program Manager to articulate, develop and refine the program to ensure that Emile Cohl Ateliers students attain excellent academic outcomes.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
• Instruct students in the studio discipline.
• Adopt and implement ECA's etiquette.
• Prepare interactive, innovative, and multi-modal approaches of teaching.
• Respond to student inquiries in a prompt and timely fashion.
• Provision substantive and ongoing feedback to students through constructive critique.
• Actively motivate students in developing a culture of retainment by participating in the supporting network from entry all the way to graduation.
WHAT YOU WILL TEACH: Observation Drawing using traditional techniques.
WE MIGHT BE RIGHT FOR YOU IF:
• You have experience teaching.
• You have extensive experience in traditional (hand drawing & painting) Anatomy & Life Drawing.
• You believe deeply in Emile Cohl Atelier's mission, and in our ability to achieve ambitious goals.
• You feel comfortable teaching to a class of 20 students on our Los Angeles campus.
• You are able to interact productively with staff, teachers, and students.
• You believe that success starts with hard work and dedication to purpose.
MORE ABOUT THE JOB
• You would be considered a part time employee.
• Paid sick leave & holidays will be prorated and based on legal requirements of the city of Los Angeles.
• The pay is $80/hour for teaching.
• Classes are in person on our campus located at 2826 S Grand Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90007.
• Classes happen on Tuesdays from 03/01/2022 to 06/21/2022, from 4pm to 7pm PST.
Emile Cohl Atelier does not make hiring decisions based on race, color, creed, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, age, disability, veteran status, religion, political affiliation, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.