Emagine ContentNew York, NY
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Agency/Management Category
Search for Literary Manager jobs in New York-NY
**JOB IS COMMISSION ONLY. PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A CLIENT LIST.
***POSITION IS FULLY REMOTE DUE TO COVID-19.
JOB DESCRIPTION & DUTIES
Beverly Hills, CA USA
Talent / Management
Job Id: R-00007
REPORTS TO: CEO, VP-Development & Production
A boutique bi-coastal management + production company in Beverly Hills is seeking an experienced Literary Manager to join a fast growing team. As a Literary Manager, you will be responsible for identifying, recruiting, and managing writers within the film and television and book world. This job will require you to be experienced in working with developed clients in addition to helping support their careers. In addition, the candidate will be working in a collaborative environment that deals with managing clients in the literary, production, development, and literature spaces. The candidate must also know the ins and outs of pitching clients to studios for staffing on television as well as having experience with dealing with publishers for novels and books. Managers MUST have agency or management experience to qualify.
You will be closely involved in the planning and scheduling of a varied range of projects and client management working within a multi-disciplined team. The ability to clearly communicate tasks, goals, priorities and deadlines in a professional manner to the CEO & VP while motivating the team will be essential, as will the ability to proactively trouble shoot and feedback openly and transparently. This position does come with the potential to be involved in production projects the company produces.
Job Requirements & Responsibilities:
• Recruitment of established artists in the literary field. (EXPERIENCE WITH BOOKS PREFERRED)
• Manage the artist's career including career advice, pitching to studios, agents or production executives and giving business advice.
• Development, implementation, and manage successful, an artist-first strategy that works with the company brand.
• Experience working with union contracts and WGA.
• Aware of policies and procedures with the WGA Code of Conduct.
• Creating email pitches and packages for the artist and pitching to studios and producers.
• The ability to pitch the company's literary division to new and existing businesses to extend relationships.
• Ability to provide feedback / coverage on scripts by writers.
• Knowledge of the development and production process to assist the writers getting their material produced.
• 1-3 years prior talent management or agency experience.
• Strong record of managing client relationships, utilizing a network of industry contacts, and companies.
• Four-year degree in Management, Communications or Business-related field.
• Perform tasks and other services that are reasonably required by Company, specifically the CEO, VP and are usually customarily performed by Contractors in the entertainment industry.
• THIS JOB IS COMMISSION BASED ONLY + BONUSES. CLIENT LIST IDEAL / WE HAVE WORKING CLIENTS.
Job Code: R-0007