Technical Systems Designer - Immersive Reality
Confidential Via Staffing FirmNew Mexico, NM
Full Time Job
Our client, an arts and entertainment company that creates immersive and interactive experiences, is looking for a Technical Systems Designer to join their team at their Santa Fe, New Mexico headquarters! In this exciting role, the Technical Systems Designer will work closely with other teams within the company to develop custom interactive artwork, and programming objects and installations that seam together sensors, microcontrollers, computers, lights, sound, video, and electromechanical elements. The Technical Systems Designer is a supporting team member for technical systems design for exhibitions, design and documentation, sub-project power distribution design, and will work closely with the Senior Technical Systems Designer and Production Manager to execute exhibit installation efforts.
• Review and refine custom tech designs proposed by Designer/Developers and Lighting Designers to ensure component compatibility and reliable system design.
• Work closely with the Senior Technical Systems Designer to develop DC power distribution systems for custom tech and LED installations to be safe, reliable, and compatible with exhibition building infrastructure.
• Work with the Electrical Systems Designer to ensure code compliance of technical systems.
• Use preliminary tech hardware designs to produce Tech Systems Docs (one-line schematics) for upcoming AD&P projects that have integrated custom tech.
• Review finished designs with applicable stakeholders prior to release of TSDs to the larger project team.
• Support technical document control efforts and process change requests for TSDs, as well as updating the database of all component datasheets and in-house custom PCB designs.
• Communicate with Technical Directors, Creative Engineers, Technical Fabricators, Production Managers, and the Electrical Systems Designer to manage design changes to technical systems.
• Minimum 3 years of progressive experience in electrical systems design and engineering.
• Experience in circuit design and analysis.
• Experience using Bluebeam and Google Suite to annotate and catalog systems designs.
• Familiarity with medium voltage and low voltage wiring systems in commercial buildings.
• Knowledge of low voltage lighting and control systems, addressable LEDs, Arduino and similar microcontrollers, and sensors used for interactive art.
• Familiarity with PCB design, manufacturing, and assembly processes.
• Strong technical writing ability, and the ability to document complex electrical systems.
• Collaborative problem-solving skills across artistic and technical disciplines.
• Self-starter and ability to identify and drive major technical needs for a project.
• High school diploma/GED required, B.S. Degree or higher in Electrical Engineering, strongly preferred.
• 2 years of experience designing and developing interactive environments with a focus on electronics and control systems for major guest-facing exhibitions.
• Practical experience with programming of Arduino and similar microcontrollers.
• Knowledge of audio systems, networking, and associated wiring in commercial buildings.
• Experience with electrical and pneumatic animatronic systems and kinetic sculptures.
• Experience using Rhino 3D and/or AutoCAD to design enclosures, mounting plates, and component layouts.
• Experience using Diagrams.net (draw.io) for drawing one line system schematics.
This amazing opportunity is based in Santa Fe, New Mexico and comes with an exceptional compensation and benefits package. Qualified candidates can send resume for an immediate reply.
Eleventh Hour's mission is to change the perception of the staffing industry one client at a time. We care about people and we're passionate about finding great candidates amazing jobs with great clients. This business is about people and we take the time to understand the people we work with.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online