Sr. Quality Assurance Engineer - Virtual Reality
Confidential Via Staffing FirmLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Our client, an international new media organization focusing on bringing immersive reality experiences to life, has an immediate need for a Senior Quality Assurance Engineer. In this role, the Senior Quality Assurance Engineer will be experienced in software quality control and are passionate about streaming technologies, all to ensure the QA team delivers precise content across all VR applications. The ideal candidate will be responsible for testing and certifying virtual reality applications, and will play a key role in defining the strategy and architecture of automation tools to ensure software matches up against functional and compliance requirements.
• Collaborate with software engineers for scalable testing of consumer application experiences and tools for our production pipeline including CMS, VR and Native Applications.
• Develop/code test automation scripts and improve framework.
• Perform load and stress testing to ensure the performance and scalability of applications.
• Provide feedback to the Product Owners Engineers, and DevOps team on the application areas to assists with better automation.
• Prepare and execute test plans, test cases and test scripts for detecting problems and ensuring the quality and success of the software.
• Implement functional and regression testing and developing software tools when required to automate the test suite.
• Assist in building and enhancing processes and strategy associated with automation
• Manage and verify content across a variety of apps and platforms.
• Ability to communicate with both stakeholders and senior leadership.
• Research and apply new technologies and test best practices
• Participate in Scrum Agile process (plan, estimate, retrospective, and team discussion).
• 3 to 5 years of progressive experience in software and application technology space as a Senior Quality Assurance Engineer.
• 3 years of progressive experience with Test Automation development.
• Experience creating test frameworks and strategy, choosing automated testing tools, and creating testing standards.
• Proficiency with streaming technologies is highly preferred (ex: FFMPEG, NGINX, Wowza, codec and streaming protocols).
• Node package configuration experience utilizing automated deployment systems.
• Familiarity with testing mobile native, hybrid, and responsive site testing applications across multiple devices.
• Experience working with JIRA for Requirements, including Test and Defect Management.
• Experience using API testing tools such as Postman, Insomnia, and similar automation of APIs.
• Micro services test strategy experience.
• Proficiency with JMeter or other similar performance test tools, and plan performance/load test strategy.
• Experience using version control and configuration management software such as git.
• Experience testing for bugs and diagnosing from complete crashes to minor glitches in the code.
This is a full-time, permanent opportunity in Los Angeles (hybrid) with a competitive salary and benefits package. Qualified candidates, please submit your resume for an immediate reply.
Eleventh Hour's mission is to change the perception of the staffing industry one client at a time. We care about people and we're passionate about finding great candidates amazing jobs with great clients. This business is about people and we take the time to understand the people we work with.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online