Sr. Manager, Engineering and Safety
Confidential Via Staffing FirmOrlando, FL
Full Time Job
Our client, an entertainment and theme park company, is looking for a Senior Manager of Engineering & Safety to provide technical support and development of Scope of Work packages, design, production, installation, and acceptance testing of Show and Ride systems, while managing Technical managers, Engineering Managers, Engineers, Associate Engineers, and Technical Coordinators.
Systems may include: Special Effects, Projection, Set/Scenic, Props, Show Action Equipment, Animated Figures, Ride Mechanical Systems, and related Control Systems.
In this role you will also be responsible for enforcing technical requirements, acting as a technical interface to outside design/production teams, and providing input and direction to project risk management/reduction activities.
• Ensure and maintain highest level of safety for all Show and Ride equipment under accepted practices and local codes
• Provide guidance and mentoring to Show and Ride Engineering Managers, Responsible Engineers, and/or project Technical Managers through assigments, and perform all duties in absense of said personnel
• Oversee all technical interaction with attraction Engineers, Vendors, Sub-Contractors, and other relevant 3rd parties
• Enforce Show and Ride technical/safety principles to provide a quality product and necessary deliverables to the customer, while keeping UPR Core Safey & Engineering brief on progress/issues and relaying direction to project team
• Develop working relationship with facility team and specialty/general contractor(s) to ensure streamlined communication for installation, testing, and adjustment activities
• Advise, coordinate, and inform Engineering Management of Show and Ride systems' status and areas of risk
• Build cohesion and motivation within the Attraction Technical Team
• Understand and actively participate in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
• Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering is required and Electrical Engineering is considered
• Must have a sound understanding of engineering practices and procedures
• Demonstrate proficient computer skills, to include, Microsoft Office and AutoCAD
• Clear and concise communication skills.
• Professional Engineer's license practicing in Mechanical, Electrical, or Civil Engineering preferred
• 5-7 Years: Vendor Management experience and significant in-field installation related experience is required
• Experience with contract law and practice in the theme park and/or construction industries is preferred
• 8-10 Years: Related Engineering experience is required
• Theme Park specific experience is highly preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience
This is a direct hire role based in Orlando with salary DOE. For consideration, please submit your resume
Eleventh Hour's mission is to change the perception of the staffing industry one client at a time. We care about people and we're passionate about finding great candidates amazing jobs with great clients. This business is about people and we take the time to understand the people we work with.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online