Sr. Designer, Advanced Technology Interactives
Confidential Via Staffing FirmOrlando, FL
Full Time Job
Our client, an entertainment and theme park company, is looking for a Sr. Designer, Advanced Technology Interactives to be the creative lead for developing, planning, scoping, integrating and budgeting innovative and transformative guest experiences.
You must be an organized thinker who can offer multiple technical and creative solutions that meet interactive design criteria which allow guests, by their actions, to change the show. You must understand game design, hourly capacity (THRC), show timing and narrative flow, and physical interactive elements, etc., while adhering to local building codes and operational needs.
You must have the vision and ability to steer projects and creative teams that successfully modernize the theme park environments and guest attractions with gaming experiences, technology and interactives.
You will be expected to carry out supervisory responsibilities while tactfully managing teams of interactive designers, producers, associate producers, programmers, graphic designers and other creative project personnel.
• Collaborate with design team on interactives design direction, guest experiences via game playtests, animations, game design documents, sketches, research, and mockups
• Design, manage, translate and present project concepts and design intent for guest interactives and gaming to a variety of audiences
• Collaborate with design team to manage all project elements - design, fabrication and installation - while achieving creative intent envisioned by Creative Director
• Lead and design playtest mockups, while defining goals, synthesizing results and coordinating resources to answer gameplay questions through playtests
• Work with internal talent and external vendors to execute projects, and direct interactive-related vendors and coordinate with scenic / show system vendors and / or other Art Director(s)
• Collaborate with Show Producer to source talent and resources to successfully complete project(s)
• Understand and actively participate in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor's Degree in Art, Game Design, Digital Media, Theater, Creative Writing or repeated discipline is required; Master's degree is preferred
• 7-10 years experience designing interactive experience-based attractions and / or lands for theme parks
• 5-7 years of game or interactive design and field experience based on company standards (or equivalent combination of education and experience)
• Ability to articulate complex artistic ideas through verbal, written and visual materials
• In-depth knowledge of interactive design, user interface / experience design, graphic design, art, visual storytelling, motion & timing and game design within physical environments
This is a direct hire role based in Orlando with salary DOE. For consideration, please submit your resume to email@example.com.
September 02, 2021 /Jeff Ganter
Eleventh Hour's mission is to change the perception of the staffing industry one client at a time. We care about people and we're passionate about finding great candidates amazing jobs with great clients. This business is about people and we take the time to understand the people we work with.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online