Senior Technical Director - Immersive Arts
Confidential Via Staffing FirmNew Mexico, NM
Full Time Job
Our client, an arts and entertainment company that creates immersive and interactive experiences, is looking for a Sr. Technical Director to join their team at their Santa Fe New Mexico headquarters! In this exciting role, the Sr. Technical Director will lead the integration and coordination of all show technical delivery for large projects, or portfolio of projects. This includes managing resource allocations, establishing concept level budgets, and contributing to project schedules with show leadership.
• Development and allocation of technical requirements, design, and delivery of the technical show elements as well as oversight of safety and hazard analysis process as it applies to all show elements.
• Ensuring the technical deliverables provide the intended show functionality and meets the creative show intent as defined by the creative team.
• Ability to ideate multiple technical and creative approaches and solutions to meet design criteria such as guest experience, capacity, spacing, etc., while adhering to the local building codes.
• Coordinate with all project personnel, departments, and disciplines through the ideation, fabrication, and installation phases.
• Designing constructable projects to stay on track with creative intent, the schedule, and keep within budget requirements.
• Ensure seamless technical integration with creative intent, thereby elevating the guest experience.
• Guiding budget and schedule feasibility managed by show producer and project management.
• Coordinate and manage all technical elements in the element drawing reviews, fabrication reviews, and installation approvals.
• Coordinate and manage the technical elements in the element list.
• Lead and manage the show technical disciplines on a project in coordination with the department managers.
• During early development, identify and develop code and safety requirements for technical elements. This is accomplished with the assistance of other team and project partners in various fields of expertise and in conjunction with the show production designer.
• Inform and develop the RFP and work breakdown in conjunction with other project partners for technical show elements.
• For technical elements, develop, update, and execute fabrication and installation strategies that respect the facility constraints, construction order of operations, and critical path strategies as defined with show management, in support of the creative vision.
• Lead the hazard analysis process with the respective subject matter and industry experts.
• Lead the internal engineering compliance discussions and participate in the internal material compliance discussions with the show production designer.
• Ensure the review of rigging and overhead safety items for show and technical elements. This includes oversight and review of design proposals, through final in-field inspection buy-off.
• Ensure that site safety is coordinated for show installation and programming efforts with the GC and CM Site Safety Supervisors.
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in Architecture, Theater, Fine Arts, or equivalent field experience required.
• 10 years of experience in immersive art, theater, or themed entertainment production and installation.
• Strong technical ability in various design techniques/tools such as show set design and drafting, 3D modeling, and architectural design.
• Technical knowledge and experience with several technical show disciplines, such as lighting, audio, video, controls, network, and SAE.
• Experience in all phases of a project, from design, through fabrication, on-site installation, and programming.
• Fabrication experience, or have experience reviewing and overseeing vendor fabrication efforts with a wide array of materials and processes.
• Experience with Microsoft Office or GSuite applications to support project development.
• Demonstrated proficiency with BlueBeam, SketchUp, Rhino, AutoCAD, SolidWorks, Revit, NavisWorks, QSys or other similar programs preferred.
This amazing opportunity is based in Santa Fe, New Mexico and comes with an exceptional compensation and benefits package. Qualified candidates can send resume for an immediate reply.
Eleventh Hour's mission is to change the perception of the staffing industry one client at a time. We care about people and we're passionate about finding great candidates amazing jobs with great clients. This business is about people and we take the time to understand the people we work with.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online