Packaging and Sourcing Manager
Confidential Via Staffing FirmLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Packaging and Sourcing Manager
Our client, a skincare company, is looking for a Packaging and Sourcing Manager to join their team. The Packaging and Sourcing Manager is responsible for leading packaging innovation, sourcing and development and qualification of new and existing packaging component suppliers and new products considering cost targets, minimum order quantities, lead times, supplier certifications. This position will establish and execute the company's overall strategies to drive package-related innovation in new product development, the redesign/upgrade of existing products, sustainability, as well as productivity initiatives. This role will represent primary packaging in cross-functional initiatives taking projects from conception to post-commercialization, working closely with Product Development, Marketing, Creative, Merchandising, Regulatory Affairs, Production, third party manufacturers and testing labs, etc. and will report into the Sr. Director of New Product Execution & Packaging.
• Responsible for establishing, driving, and executing company's overall strategy for primary packaging innovation, sourcing, custom packaging development, redesign, cost efficiency, sustainability, testing, productivity, and reorder quantity qualification.
• Responsible for leading, developing, and executing new products with CMO's, primary packaging initiatives from ideation to market and delivering within specified budgets and timelines.
• Drive projects with full ownership both externally and with internal cross-functional parties to ensure all steps of the timeline are met.
• Leads all new products negotiations, primary packaging inquiries, sourcing initiatives, project start-ups, price quote requests, and identifying timelines, etc. with suppliers and own costing budget for primary packaging as it is related to the COG per product.
• Responsible for creating primary packaging briefs stating decoration specs, price target, quantity, performance specs, photo for reference, competitive benchmarks for reference, design description to send to all suppliers for sourcing.
• Leads repackaging design, improvement, testing and sustainability development initiatives.
• Responsible for passing primary packaging price quotes, testing invoices etc. to Supply Chain Director to send purchase orders within project timeline along with specified quantity, timing, and product information.
• Cultivates strong partnerships with suppliers to consistently review new packaging innovation technology, formats, improvement in functionality, cost efficiencies, timing efficiencies, and sustainability to stay ahead of competition.
• Responsible for driving and providing deadlines for primary packaging creation/artwork to Product Design and Project Management and review/approval meetings with lead management to stay within project timelines.
• Responsible for ensuring manufacturer can fill primary component at start of product concept initiation.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor of Science (B.S) degree in packaging n or engineering discipline, required.
• 4-7 years of experience
• Experience working within the cosmetics, CPG (consumer packaged goods) industry is required.
• Experience with packaging technologies (e.g. molding, flexibles, cartons, print & decoration, assembly), project management and packaging development approaches.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to identify smart solutions with the right level of pragmatism. Attention to details that matter in Beauty.
• Strong knowledge of packaging components, materials, and processes used by the cosmetics industry along with the capability to continue to broaden industry knowledge and understand the interaction, limitations, and requirements of these components and processes, knowledge, and experience working with sustainable packaging technologies
• Excellent collaborative skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously. Entrepreneurial, agile, and hands-on spirit. Focused and disciplined. High sense of accountability and ownership.
• Adept at working independently to provide support to cross functional teams, and employs effective time management skills
• Strong EMPHASIS on ATTENTION to DETAIL & ACCURACY
qualified candidate, please submit resumes
Eleventh Hour's mission is to change the perception of the staffing industry one client at a time. We care about people and we're passionate about finding great candidates amazing jobs with great clients. This business is about people and we take the time to understand the people we work with.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online