Manager, Ar / VR Hardware Development
Confidential Via Staffing FirmOrlando, FL
Full Time Job
Our client, an entertainment and theme park company, is looking for a Manager, AR/VR Hardware Development to define, develop, license, purchase, integrate, test, analyze, and/or deliver advanced technology hardware for future attractions and systems. You must be familiar with gaming hardware, perform technical writing, create specifications, select/manage vendors and coordinate with other internal creative teams/divisions and external hardware/software vendors.
• Manage hardware development process; contribute to plan, budget and staff exercises for new work; source, screen technical candidates at managerial or higher and lower levels
• Develop hardware specs for bidding with internal/external development teams
• Collaborate on project goals with senior management; manage interaction with technical personnel, vendors, sub-contractors, creative and other third parties
• Test, commission and manage modifications to hardware systems
• Drive technical improvements across all attractions
• Manage testing and report results as assigned and authorized by Engineering and Safety management
• Work with Creative development teams on ensuring concepts meet all requirements
• Create mockups and proof-of-concepts, while overseeing quality control and assurance of contractor's mock-ups, prototypes and testing efforts
• Manage hardware/software development teams (internal and external)
• Stay up-to-date with latest technology/industry trends
• Understand and actively participate in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities
• Bachelor's degree required: Industrial Engineering, Materials Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, and/other engineering majors. Advanced degrees preferred.
• 10 years managing internal and/or external team delivering hardware components
• 3 years of experience within the amusement industry is preferred
• 3 years of experience with Virtual Reality and/or Augmented Reality system is preferred
• 3 years of experience with Wearable technology is preferred
• 3 years of experience with wireless or RFID technology is preferred
• Significant experience working with offshore manufacturers, delivering large quantities, just-in-time is preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience
This is a direct hire role based in Orlando with salary DOE. For consideration, please submit your resume
Eleventh Hour's mission is to change the perception of the staffing industry one client at a time. We care about people and we're passionate about finding great candidates amazing jobs with great clients. This business is about people and we take the time to understand the people we work with.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online