Confidential Via Staffing FirmBeverly Hills, CA
Full Time Job
Our client, a global entertainment and media leader in the West Los Angeles area, is looking for a sharp Legal Assistant to join their team. In this dynamic role, you will be supporting the day-to-day operations of the Chief Legal Officer by managing the overall office for a highly busy legal executive. The ideal candidate will be comfortable working with individuals in various roles within and outside the agency and can handle navigating a fast-paced environment. This position is suitable for a candidate interested in litigation, employment, or immigration law or candidates with a paralegal certificate or paralegal background.
• Responsible for handling executive's calendar
• Prepare daily To-Do Lists, manage follow-ups and determine which items can be handled directly by the assistant.
• Draft, format, redline and edit highly confidential agreements and correspondence
• Maintain spreadsheets, charts, and summaries
• Use Westlaw, NetDocuments, and database searches using various search techniques.
• Liaise with multiple external legal counsels on active litigation cases (e.g., scheduling witness depositions, track document production), subpoenas (e.g., e-discovery and document review), and contracts.
• Utilize electronic signature and calendaring applications to ensure documents are executed, distributed, and renewed
• Organize and update hard copy and electronic files, ensuring all relevant documents are quickly accessible
• Coordinate travel itineraries and prepare monthly expense reports
• Occasionally assist with minimal personal tasks
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Outlook, MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, as well as Acrobat Adobe Professional
• Familiar with or interested in learning basic legal concepts, like state and Federal legislation, contract law, administrative agencies, and arbitration
• Bachelor's degree preferred, or equivalent practical experience
• 1 years of experience in litigation (e.g., prior work in legal clerkship, law firm, or litigation consulting company is strongly preferred)
• JD or Paralegal Certificate / Legal Assistant Certificate is a plus but not required
• Knowledge and/or experience in ESI discovery is a plus but not required
• Interest and/or background in corporate and entertainment law preferred
• Must have excellent time-management skills and be able to determine prioritization of short-term and long-term projects
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
Eleventh Hour's mission is to change the perception of the staffing industry one client at a time. We care about people and we're passionate about finding great candidates amazing jobs with great clients. This business is about people and we take the time to understand the people we work with.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online