Head Of Music Marketing
Confidential Via Staffing FirmVancouver, BC
Full Time Job
Head of Music Marketing
Vancouver, B.C., Canada
This position is in Vancouver, B.C., Canada. Relocation and VISA assistance is being offered for this position by the client.
Our client, an innovative music company, is looking for a Head of Music Marketing to lead the Music Marketing department's release planning and label services efforts. Reporting to the Marketing Director, the ideal candidate possesses knowledge of and experience within music industry marketing and promotions as well as passion for Electronic music & culture, and brings with them a flair for implementing creative, innovative campaigns.
• Manage the release calendar and campaign timelines for releases across company's brands
• Support the Music Marketing team in developing and driving considered marketing plans for music releases and assist in long-term artist development for company's artists.
• Orchestrate creative brainstorming sessions to drive 10X ideas and content marketing strategies in support of company's artists and releases.
• Liaise with external stakeholders as well as company's Music and Creative departments to identify, develop, and uphold the artists' creative vision and goals for each release.
Team Management & Mentorship:
• Provide guidance and mentorship to a team of music marketers, enabling them to reach their yearly key results and create roadmaps for their continuous professional development.
• Work with the Marketing Director to set annual department objectives for the Music Marketing team, and hold quarterly check-ins to align on the performance of each team member.
• Manage the Music Marketing yearly budget.
• Actively support the employee experience and company culture.
• Collaborate with the Head of Digital Marketing and team to execute novel fan acquisition campaigns across social, direct (email/SMS), and paid channels that advance company's data collection and segmentation insights.
• Oversee the coordination of cross-functional efforts behind all priority releases (including Communications, Creative, Sync/Partnerships, Marketing, and Music), ensuring effective communication and collaboration from all stakeholders.
• Represent company's music marketing team in artist signing discussions, 3rd party partner negotiations, and at company's events.
• Lead the Music Marketing team in assessing Electronic music trends, consumer behavior, and competitor research.
• Bachelor's degree required.
• 5 years of experience in a Music marketing role for a record label, agency, or distribution service is a must. Experience working within, or passion for, the electronic music industry is a strong plus.
• 2 years of experience leading and managing a team.
• Familiarity with record label departments, including Digital Marketing, Publicity/Promotions, Music/A&R, Creative, and Sync/Licensing.
• Proven track record of working in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple projects, and meeting deadlines.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, and strong oral and written communication ability. Must be adept at communicating creative concepts and projects to a wide range of audiences.
• Self-starter and flexible; able to respond quickly and calmly to evolving campaign parameters.
• A passion for redefining music culture as we know it today, particularly as it relates to emerging technologies.
• Diplomacy and negotiation skills, with a history of client management.
*qualified candidate, please submit resumes
Eleventh Hour's mission is to change the perception of the staffing industry one client at a time. We care about people and we're passionate about finding great candidates amazing jobs with great clients. This business is about people and we take the time to understand the people we work with.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online